What the heck is Maluscum Contagiosum, right? If you want to know it's is a viral infection of the skin. Who knows where it came from but leave it to our family to get it. It started out with one little white/silvery bump on Jackson's torso and for months it never changed so I didn't think twice about it. I was at one of our doctor appointments and I decided to ask the Dr about the spot and that's the first time I learned what maluscum contagiosum was. Supposedly they are very itchy and can spread quickly if they are scratched. Sure enough shortly after we had that one checked, that one bump spread all over his torso to about 12! I called the dermatologist and a week later this what we had to do to Jackson to get rid of them. Here is the before shots of the bumps all over the left side of his torso. The picture doesn't give them justice because the bumps are so light in color but you can see the inflammation all around them from Jackson scratching them constantly. The Dr put some chemical on the back of a Q-tip and started counting. He had these little white dots all over even one up on his collar bone and elbow. Our appointment was at 3:00 and then afterwards we headed to his soccer game and came home and got in the shower. So in a matter of 5 hours his spots went from little white dots to bigger blister dots. I felt so bad for him having all these blisters on his tummy but they didn't seem to bother him too bad as long as we didn't make too big of a deal over them. He would complain if he accidentally scratched them but after a couple of days the itching had gone away and we were on our way to healing. It has now been a few weeks and he is still healing and no signs of any more Maluscum spots! Lets hope it stays that way, PLEASE!
1 day ago


1 comments:
Oh my, Jamie. I am so sorry! Maelynn had that last year and we had to go get blistered 4 times before the dang things were all gone. They are very contagious in water (swim and bath) so be careful they don't spread...good luck!
Post a Comment