I have been wanting to do an update on Andersen for a couple months now, but I procrastinate and now here he is 18 months old already!! This picture of him in his grocery cart was a couple months ago, but it shows his new curiosity to climb on/into anything. Just the other day I caught him climbing on our kitchen table! This yellow binky in his mouth was one of the 2 last ones we had for him out of a total of 4. This kid loved his binky, but I think Nate and I loved it more because of the convenience of instant silence and comfort that came with it when plugged in. {Fun memory about his binkies: we would keep all 4 binkies on Andersen's dresser so we always knew where they were. Every time we would take him to bed or a nap he would point to his binkies to switch colors from what he already had in his mouth.} Gradually the number of binkies dwindled and we were forced to break the habit. Andersen has officially been off the binky for 4 days and counting! I don't know who misses it more, but overall he is doing great without it. Nap time is still taking him a few minutes to put himself to sleep but everyday it is getting better. I know it is better for this habit to be broken, but I kind of miss the sweet baby face, his gibberish while holding it in with is teeth, and cheesy grin that would always sneak through it.
It is very common to see Andersen walking around with something from the kitchen. The regular favorite is the whisk and the small pan. But the measuring cups and spatulas run as a close second. It is also a regular to see him with no shirt on. This kid would go naked every day if I didn't pin him down to put on his clothes. His favorite is right after we strip him down before getting in the bath tub. He loves to run around the house naked until I force him into the tub. Many of times I will let him just run around the house in his diaper rather than dirtying clothes but those are the times I hear him in his dresser getting out his own clothes to wear. He doesn't like when I dress him, but if he gets to put them on he is a happy camper. His legs are always going through the neck hole of his shirts but to him it doesn't matter, he's just proud that he got them on.
Andersen seems to be learning funny new things everyday now, one of my favorites is when I ask "who is cute?" His instant response is "Me" with his hand raised. He also has learned to do knuckles and another favorite of mine with his two fingers up his nose and head tilted back meaning "ooh, stinky!" {Thanks Grandma Kay!} My ultimate favorite though is he learned to say "O'llo" MegaMind style. That movie was a regular at our house for awhile and Nate and I would say it to Jackson randomly, well Andersen was definitely listening and we got a random "O'llo"! It was hilarious!
This kid also loves his stuffed animals. Every night he sleeps with ducky, teddy, and polar bear. Sometimes his pillow pet gets tossed in the mix, but the first 3 are definitely a necessity. For the most part Andersen is a pretty good sleeper and I love watching him sleep. He always looks so sweet and innocent. We had a few weeks of him waking up every night around 3ish and wouldn't go back to bed unless he was in our bed, but thank goodness that habit has died out on its own.
Something Andersen only likes if its on his terms is brushing his teeth. It is total torture to get a good cleaning of his teeth, but if we let him have the toothbrush, he runs around the house for hours with it while its turned on. Another torture chamber for him is getting his nails clipped. That is one item on the "to do list" that I will hold off as long as possible to dodge the fight and wrestling match.
For the most part Andersen is still a sweetie but he definitely has a little fire in him. Lately he has become a feisty little stinker, but I guess you have to learn how to hold your own with Jackson as his older brother. He is also using/learning more words {hello, daddy, mommy, Shelley, Zeus, more, bye bye Daddy, strawberry, ball} but can compete with the best of them with his gibberish sentences. He loves to throw his food off his high chair and has become quite picky with his food choices. He also loves playing baseball or anything outside with brother and brothers friends. I love that he is learning to give the best hugs and that my shoulder is still the second desired sleeping spot if he is super tired and has no where to lay down. We love you Deeto! Thanks for all the laughter and joy you bring to our family.
Andersen's 18 month check up was yesterday and the following were his stats:
Weight: 28.2 lbs (79%)... Jackson was 31.2 lbs (94%)
Length: 34 inches (91%)... Jackson was 36 inches (off the chart)
2 comments:
Your boys are so cute! I wish you could have stayed in our ward so we could watch them grow up. I think my little guy and Andersen could have been the best of nursery friends. It sounds like they have the same basic personality!
Sandy
www.twelvemakesadozen.blogspot.com
What a sweet heart. I think the second child is the calmer sweeter one at least that's been my experience. I love him all dressed up for nursery. His hair is a lot lighter than Jacksons. Glad the binki is gone. He's growing so fast. That's funny he likes to be naked.
Post a Comment