Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Let the Christmas Season Begin... Starting with Chippy!

With hearing so many good things about "Elf on a Shelf", I decided to ask Santa for our very own little Elf to watch over the boys! I must have been a good Mommy (wink, wink...) because I got just what I wanted. December 1st, this little guy got dropped off on our porch with a letter and a special surprise for the boys! The boys heard the doorbell and instantly ran after it. Jacks knew immediately that this was from Santa and yelled "Thank you Santa" so loud, hoping Santa was still close enough to hear him. (SO CUTE!!) We brought the packages inside and before they could touch anything, Nate read part of the letter until it told the boys to start opening.
 I don't think I have ever seen Jackson so excited! I am just glad I got it on camera. Andersen on the other hand was clueless to what was happening!
 Before you knew it they were on the floor unwrapping their presents like crazy. Santa brought them a new pair of jammies, our own official Elf, and the movie to go with it.
 Then Nate continued with the remaining part of the letter.
 Soon they learned who this special visitor was, his rules and then he got a name. Multiple names got tossed around including the creative one "elfie" but they eventually decided on "Chippy".
 While they were posing for pictures in their new PJ's, Chippy fell over! Oh no is what Jacks instantly thought. How are you going to fix him if we can't touch him! Good thing moms can quickly prop them back up to sitting position without losing their special Elf Magic.
 After all the excitement was over, they both wanted to call Santa to tell him thank you!
This definitely got the family in the Christmas spirit and we enjoyed spending the next 24 days finding all of Chippy's sneaky hiding spots.

0 comments: