Saturday, January 7, 2012

The start of the Holidays

I am only 2 months behind, but here goes the beginning of our holidays!
At the beginning of November and to begin celebrating Thanksgiving, we did a FHE lesson on being thankful and recognizing the little (and BIG) blessings in our family. I hung a banner from our window with just the letters BE THANKFUL. Every night we all wrote something we were thankful for on a leaf and clipped it to our banner. As Thanksgiving day came our banner was full and our list of blessings was abundant! Definitely a lot easier to think of what we were thankful for as we partook of our feast!
Here is a list of what our family came up with this year (in no specific order):
Toy Gun
Prayer
Technology
Our Bodies
Pajamas
Playing Outside
Friends
Jamie
Our House
 Sports
 Cars
 Milly
 Mountains
Jesus
Time
Kid Shows
The Boys Sharing
Chocolate Milk
Veterans
Medicine
Jackson's School
Good Neighbors
Clothes
A Clean House
Nate
The Holy Ghost
Music
Parker (Andersen's Buddy)
Mommy
Daddy
YW Girls and Leaders
Scriptures
Candy
Toys
Heavenly Father
IPAD
Jackson
The Earth
Daddy's Job
Freedom
Andersen
Bed
Landon (Jackson's Buddy)
Motherhood
Our Eternal Family
Sleep
Daddy's School
Nana

2 comments:

Megan said...

I LOVE that idea, I'll have to do that next year. Adorable family pictures, you are all so good looking. I too have been wanting it to snow. Keep the posts coming.

Alison said...

We're thankful for our buddies Jackson & Andersen too!!!