Saturday, July 7, 2012

Boys and their Toys

Last night we finally finished the boys Bows and Arrows. Jackson has been begging for one of these since he first saw his friend Logan's. Jackson and Andersen spend Wednesday mornings at our neighbors while I work and this has become Jackson's favorite toy. It has been weeks that I told Jacks we could make our own and I finally got around to getting all the stuff and making them. Thanks to Maria's tutorial and Nate's help (also our neighbor Kenny for some tools) we got them done. The boys couldn't be more excited! I made 2 extra for Parker and Landon since I owed her mom for babysitting one day while I was at work. Together they shot their new bows and arrows for a couple hours. As you can tell from the dark picture it went late into the night and they were still so excited. It was the first thing Jacks wanted to do this morning. It took them all sometime (Jacks has had plenty of practice on Logan's) to get a hang of how to hold them and actually shoot the arrow but after a few rubbed arms from the string hitting them as they shot, they started figuring it out. It was so cute as the boys were saying goodbye last night, both Jacks and Landon were saying to each other "thanks for bow practice, lets do more bow practice tomorrow!" Let's hope after all those hours we put in to making them that the excitement at least lasts throughout the rest of summer!

1 comments:

Megan said...

ther's been love of bows and arrows here too. I found some at Kohl's that were on sale and have a suction thinhy on the end. I'm sure yours work a lot better. Cute boys. Go Nate for having them tickle his back. Do they sleep in?