Saturday, August 25, 2012

Silverpup Graduation to Kindergarten

Seems like yesterday I was just going to Jackson's preschool orientation and now its over and he is onto Kindergarten. Back in May Riverton High did the cutest graduation program for Jackson's class. All the parents were invited to come watch the kids perform everything they learned that year. Each child had a speaking part. Jacks did awesome and remembered every word although he was a little scared to make eye contact with the audience. It was so fun to watch and listen to all their cute songs and see them with their friends and teachers. After their program, every child had the cutest cap and gown (Jacks was more a shirt!) to wear and had a chance to "walk" for their preschool diploma. Of course I shed a tear! We definitely enjoyed Riverton High School Silverpup Program and Jackson really loved Miss Sarah (his high school student teacher) and Mrs. Hicks (the actually class teacher). Still to this day he says he misses Silverpups! Must have been worth the money for all his fun memories he made.
 Only a few months later Jackson was onto Kindergarten
... A bitterweet Mommy day! He has finished 3 weeks of school already and LOVES it! He was so excited to start Kindergarten. He kept asking to go get school supplies (just like his Mommy! That was my favorite... new crayons, markers, pencils, etc!) even though he didn't need anything for class. Of course I was just as excited as he was so off to Walmart we went for a few things we could keep at home to do his homework throughout the year. As soon as we got home from the store, I asked him to do something and his response was "I can't right now mom, I have all this stuff to do! AKA... Sharpen a box of pencils!) Love this boy! 
Two days later it was his first day of Kindergarten. I think I was more nervous than he was. I got out and walked him to the Kindergarten grounds to watch with all the other moms. Luckily for Jacks he has some good buddies in his class this year. (Landon Christensen, Jackson Mather, and Deacon Smith). It was fun to watch him and all his friends play on the playground and then eventually line up to go into class when the bell rang. The hardest part was watching his teacher come out to gather her class and then they told the kids to blow a kiss to their moms... the tears were already puddling in my eyes, but that was the breaking point! Of course 3 weeks later it is no big deal to drop off and pick him up, but at that moment you realize your child will spend more time with their teachers at school from this day forward than they do with you at home playing and being your little buddy during the day. When his first day of class was over he came running out to me with the biggest grin on his face. Here he is posing with his Kindergarten teacher, Ms. Calhoun. So far she has seemed great for Jacks and a great teacher. Jackson's favorite part of school is definitely his homework folder. He is always so willing to get to work on his assignments and wants to do multiple days of work in one night. Lets just hope the excitement continues since he's got many years ahead of him.

0 comments: