Valentine's Day has always been a day of fun (good and bad) memories for our family. Way back when Nate and I were dating the "Happy Valentine's Day" inside joke began. This year I thought it was going to top that year with how it started (too personal to blog about). I will just say those gorgeous bouquet of flowers started out as the biggest "SORRY" flowers I had ever received. I started my day busy and it ended busy. First we started the morning with some presents to the kids from us both. Then I helped with Jackson's Valentine's Day party in his class then lunch at Cafe Rio with Grandma Kay while she was in town watching Jared's kids. I wasn't in the "love" mood to stop at Nate's office but I couldn't let the kids down. They were so excited to give him their present I helped them make with their hand prints on it. Then we stopped at Nana's school real quick and then made it home for a quick power nap. After that we were back on the road to take the kids to Nana's house while Nate and I went out on a date. Weeks before this I had saw an ad about Matt Townsend's Valentine's Date Night with Hilary Weeks. I thought it would be something fun and different to do together but after the way our day had started we weren't on the best terms getting there but we had already paid for tickets so we figured we shouldn't let them go to waste. I will be the first to say that was the best $50 we have ever spent. Not only was it a fun night together but it will be the night that changed everything (for the better) for us and our relationship. And to top of the already incredible night I got to meet Hilary Weeks.. one of those people I have wanted to meet for a long time! At the end of the day Valentine's Day was just another day (besides all the "extras") but it was such a good day to help me remember how much I love those around me and how much they love me.
1 day ago


0 comments:
Post a Comment