This was a big day at the Rothe home... Jackson finally lost his first tooth! I remember one night after he had gotten out of the shower and I was helping him brush his teeth I asked him, "when are you going to lose your first tooth? Let me see if any are wiggly". Sure enough he had a tooth that was starting to get loose. I totally had a mommy moment and was so excited for him. It wiggled and wiggled for a couple weeks and we even had to make sure it stayed in one night while Nate was out of town so Daddy could be apart of it. The night Nate got home Jacks bit down on it while eating a Subway sandwich and pushed it forward completely. Jackson couldn't stand it anymore and it was hanging by a thread so I grab some tweezers and it was OUT without a tear shed on his part! So proud of him for being so brave. I work with teeth all the time and hate doing that to other kids, but for some reason it was second nature to do it for Jacks... and I kind of enjoyed it! Jackson was beyond excited and he willing went to bed, no questions asked! The only thing he was concerned with was that the Toothfairy was going to take his tooth and he wanted to keep it. So before he went to bed he left this cute note with his tooth under his pillow. The Toothfairy listened and he woke up with his tooth and $2. A couple days later Jackson got this adorable card in the mail from his Aunt Lynne and another $2 to celebrate with. Definitely another reality check that my baby is growing up... how can one be so happy yet sad at the same time! Just like this card reads on the inside..."and to tell you the truth, you look cute without your tooth!"
1 week ago


0 comments:
Post a Comment