Friday, June 14, 2013

All about Jackson {age 6}

Where has the time gone?!? I can't believe Jackson is already 6. Seems like yesterday I was miserably pregnant awaiting his exciting arrival and now he is a big kindergartner losing teeth. Me and him butt heads often but honestly I couldn't have asked for a sweeter little boy. He is always so obedient (in general), thoughtful and very kind to those around him. He definitely is my soft-hearted one that loves deeply. He thinks he is bigger than he really is by getting his little source of school independence but I am loving watching him grow up to be such a great kid. He tries so hard to be silly and he is most of the time but most of the time he is just the nice boy that is going along with the crowd and whatever trouble his brother tries to get him into. Every always compliments on how spiritual he is and how he knows all the answers in primary but my only comment is he came that way. He is one that just "knows"! I love that at the beginning of new primary class his teacher gave him a CTR ring. He wore it for days, green finger and all! He even slept with it on. I love that I was able to capture it on camera because that picture is perfect for Jacks. This year he has lost 2 teeth and loves it. He can't wait until he loses more. Although Jackson's naps are few and far in between, I love capturing them on camera because it reminds me of his innocence and what his real age is compared to his size. Jackson LOVES being with friends and making new ones no matter where he is. I love that he is so social and I love that he has some good friends in and out of the neighborhood to play with. Jackson recently had a little medical scare and thank goodness Dr. Boud is so good to work with because he set me at ease. But for days Jackson was really lethargic and tired with no appetite (totally not like himself) and after 3 days of laying around I decided to call the dr. They immediately wanted to see him and draw his blood to screen for anything major. This was Jackson's first time getting blood drawn, but with a few tears and a bunch of pokes from the nurses they finally got the blood they needed to run some tests. We waited for an hour or so in Dr. Boud's office and eventually he came in to tell us that everything look good except his glucose count for diabetes. With Jackson not eating much all day and then eating a granola bar right before we went (just because I was trying to get him to eat something) his test wasn't completely accurate. Dr. Boud said his numbers were border line diabetic but that one granola bar could have changed everything. He didn't seem too concerned but said it could be that or just a yucky virus and only time will tell. With a virus the symptoms will go away, but with diabetes they would continue and get worse. It was a long few days especially because he developed a freaky rash all over his body that stayed for days. Luckily after a week things started going back to normal and the diabetic scare went out of my mind. It was then that I realized how fast our lives could have changed but if it was going to be any of our kids, I knew Jackson could have handled it because of how strong he is. Our family wouldn't be the same without this awesome sweetheart. He is the best big brother, especially to his little sister! My favorite thing right now to do with him is cuddle with him at night before he goes to bed. We have the best pillow talk conversations and he is the best cuddle bug. I just hope as he gets older he will stay just as sweet. Man, we LOVE you Jacksie! 

0 comments: