What a busy but FUN weekend we had having Easter and Jackson's birthday just two days apart. We celebrated Jacks all day Friday but still managed to fit in the Easter Egg Dive! My boys definitely did better this year, but anything more than Jackson's bag of water that he got last year was great! Andersen was finally brave and big enough to go by himself and definitely scored the most eggs. We were also happy the Balls could join us because everything is better with a friend around our house.
Then Saturday we did the traditional decorating of the eggs
And then my favorite, EASTER MORNING!! I love the excitement holidays bring with little kids. I know there is always a spiritual side to holidays but I think if the kids enjoy the fun side now as they get older they will appreciate the spiritual side that much more because of the fun they had as kids... or at least that is how I feel. They loved waking up to see what the Easter Bunny brought for them and then finding all the eggs. They even made sure they found a couple for sister.
After our morning fun, it was off to church we went in their new church outfits. I don't know what I am going to do when the boys tell me they are too old to match each other but until then I will enjoy it as long as I can.
Then it wouldn't be Easter without Nana's egg hunt. This has been a fun tradition even for Nate and I because Nana knows how to do to a hunt!! There is always plenty of candy to go around and always a surprise or two with some cash stashed inside as well. The last few years its been all for us, but Natalie and Chase joined us so we didn't mind sharing.
Then a new Easter tradition we started last year was throwing our decorated eggs down the hill! I LOVE doing this because its the one time a year they get to smash eggs and its ok. I am pretty Jamie (Landon's mom, not me!) thought I was crazy when I told her we were going to the park to throw our eggs but I think Landon Blackwell enjoyed it too and man that boy has an arm! I love spending $2 on double the fun. One fun activity to decorate them and a few days later another fun activity getting rid of them since we don't ever end up eating the cooked eggs. Its definitely more fun than just throwing the eggs in the garbage.
This long weekend of birthday and Easter definitely wore me out but we had many fun moments and created many memories together as a family! Man I love this little family of mine!









0 comments:
Post a Comment