Sunday, September 1, 2013

Neighborhood bike gang

With the weather finally starting to warm up the boys started asking to ride their bikes to and from school. Its hard to let these little kindergartners ride alone, so many mornings I'd pack up the kids in our bike trailer and follow them over with the other moms. Unfortunately one morning didn't go so well as I about crashed us all with my bike pedal falling off. Good thing I had already made it up the hill so going home I was just able to coast all the way in. I love this picture of most of Jacks neighborhood buddies all on bikes. We are so lucky to have so many kids around us for Jackson to play and go to school with. Another reason I love these pictures is because I see such a great quality Jackson has... he is one clean boy!! The first thing he did when he got home from school was wash his bike. He said he had gotten it dirty, so he grabbed the hose, sprayed it down and later came inside to grab a towel to dry it off. We are loving that we live so close to the school, because they spent the rest of the school riding to and from school which saved us mom's from doing carpool. Eventually we started letting the boys ride by themselves to school as long as the promised to stay together. I quizzed Jackson so many times on his phone number and what to do if he gets hurt or there was a stranger talking to him. So hard letting go, but he loves being treated like he is so grown up, so this was one of those things that gave him a little freedom to feel big!

0 comments: