Saturday, February 20, 2010

Update on my boys...

Before I give an update... I get asked all the time if Andersen looks like Jackson when he was little. You be the judge...
This is Jackson at 4 months...
And here is Andersen at 4 months... Definitely brothers to me!
JACKSON
I can't believe Jackson is going to be turning 3 in a month or so and man has he definitely reached those terrible 3's I have heard about. Although he can be such a naughty kid, he still finds many times during the day to make me smile or laugh. Jackson seriously is hilarious when you get him in his own comfort zone. A couple posts ago I showed a picture of Jackson doing his business on the floor, well we have officially made it to the toilet and is officially potty trained!! I didn't think this day would ever come. It still feels too good to be true. Look how cool he thinks he is...
He is all about being a "big boy" since his brother is the "baby". With my parents living in Colorado, Jackson loves to Skype with them. He now has to hold the laptop just like Mom or Dad would do it. Jackson was so cute this day, he wanted Andersen to come sit by him to talk to Grandma Kay. This boy definitely loves his Grandmas.
Here Jackson is with Nana on another date. She took him to get pizza and bowling the other night, and lucky for Nate and I, we got to join in on the fun this time.

Jackson currently loves his chocolate milk, and always asks for 5 pieces of licorice first thing in the morning. He still can't forget about Santa, and every toy he sees on TV he says to us "I want that for Christmas. We'll have to tell Santa". I guess I can just skip the birthday presents this year. We are also trying to get Jackson to sleep in his own bed. Jackson started sleeping in our bed right as Andersen was born because one of his friends told him monsters were in his room, and because of my surgery I couldn't put him back in bed so he created the WORST habit ever!! Now that its 4 months later and many hours over due on sleep we are working to get him back in his bed. Last night was the first night in who knows how long he stayed in his bed to fall asleep. The next step is to get him to sleep all night and stay in his bed. Wish us luck! Feel free to share ideas...

Now ANDERSEN
What an angel this boy is! Andersen just had his 4 month check up weighing in at 16lbs 6 oz (Jackson was 18lbs 14oz) and measured 27" long (Jackson was 27 1/2") He has recently started sleeping through the night. He will go to bed around 8 and sleep until 7ish with an occasional bottle around 5 if he wakes up.
If Andersen isn't sleeping, he is doing this! This is the happiest kid I have ever met and is such a good baby. He is always smiling. He will be wide awake in his crib and you won't even know it and I'll go in to check on him and I'll see this big smile just waiting patiently for me to get him out of the crib.
Baby #2 goes by so much faster than #1, so to me Andersen seems too young to be doing things on his own, but here he was holding his own bottle one night while I was making dinner.
Some things that Andersen loves right now, besides his bottle, would be his bumbo chair...
His bouncer...
And his jumper (Thanks Aunt Chelsie!)
And as of Thursday, he learned how to roll over! Luckily Nate and I were able to get it on video (This video is the 3rd time he rolled. The first I saw and didn't have a camera around, the second Nate saw and then we were finally prepared when the next one happened.) 2 days later he acts like a pro and that he's known how to do this for weeks now.

12 comments:

Kristie said...

Jamie, your boys are darling-- and they looks so alike to me. Sounds like life is pretty good!

The Hulls said...

Both your boys are so cute!! They definitely look like brothers... two handsome little boys!

Alesha said...

They are too cute! I am dying that Anderson is like 2 inches taller than Brigs and weighs only 6 oz less, and Brigs is 8 months! lol My poor little shorty.

The Staples Fam said...

He's growing too fast. Seriously. So cute and yes definitely brothers. Wow. They look a lot alike. I need to see him.. he was still pretty tiny last time!

Christiansen's said...

Such cute boys. It is crazy to see baby pictures of Jackson thinking that he was once so small. I can't believe how much they look a like. SO fun!

L Chang said...

What cute boys you have! Ginger is loving the Bumbo, too. It has really made life a bit easier!
I love the updates!

Megan said...

Yea for an update. It's great to see how things are going. They grow so fast. We need to get to the 100% potty trained, alomst for us. I think they look identical in those four mo. pics. I love when they can hold their own bottle. We have the same bumbo and rainforest jumper. Cute pics. I love the one with they skyping. Love ya.

The Baldwin's said...

what great boys you have! i can't believe your baby is that big already, we should get both our happy babies together :)

Ryan and Alicia said...

I love how excited you and Nate are in that video. What cute parents you are. Holy cow! Andersen has totally transformed into a mini Jackson! That's crazy. Chunky Presley already has a couple lbs on him. Boom Boom!

Lindsay said...

Oh my goodness, your two boys look SOOO much alike! I'm glad you are all doing well! Cute pictures!

Kim said...

The boys are so cute!!! I think they look so much alike too! Hope things are well with you guys. I loved the Texas onesie Andersen had on!!

John and Nicole Makoni said...

I can't believe how much your boys look alike! Congrats with the potty training that has to be a huge success and relief...no more fun clean ups!