Thursday, September 23, 2010

The beginning of the PUMPKINS!

This day has been a long time coming for Jackson. Jackson has always wanted to play some kind of sport but for the longest time he wasn't ever old enough. Lucky for him, this fall, he FINALLY is old enough to play soccer! Even better is that his whole team is from our neighborhood... all 13 of them! Before our first practice I knew we needed to get Jackson a few things like shin guards and shoes. Nate also had a list of one thing... this awesome head band. We are still trying to get him to think it is cool to wear it, but he did pleasure me for a picture right before his first practice.
This first day of practice they got their soccer uniform (shirt, shorts, socks... not bad for rec ball). I love that its his first jersey and its his favorite color... ORANGE!! He was so excited! Before we knew what color the team was, he kept telling everyone he was going to be orange and sure enough he was right. If only he wasn't so big and didn't have to take the biggest size jersey or he could have had his favorite number 5 too! After uniforms were passed out it was time to think of a team name. Us parents chipped in with a few suggestions, but when the kids were asked what they wanted it was almost a unanimous vote for the PUMKINS! Not the most intimidating team name but they sure make the cutest little pumpkins.
The rest of practice consisted of giving the boys turns kicking the ball at the goal and practicing throwing in the ball without touching the white line. This season is going to be hilarious watching a swarm of orange running and tripping over each other and their own feet with no realm of the boundary lines.
Nate and I are so excited to watch his games. We would have had one this past Monday but because of the fire it got canceled, so this Saturday is the big day! Hopefully we can get Jackson to wear  his head band, but until then Andersen will wear it and cheer him on as his biggest fan! 
Good luck on Saturday Jacks! Go #13

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

How cute is that? Go Jackson! Go pumpkins, I love it!

Stacey said...

Oh.... soccer, how fun! Love the name :)

Megan said...

I love it. They are so cute. I love the name. I am excited to have Blake play soccer, maybe next spring. He looks so cute with the sweat band. How are you? I haven't talked to you forever.