Monday, September 13, 2010

11 Months

It seems like all of last month was spent dealing with this little guys tonsils. He has decided to follow in his brother's foot steps and get abscessed tonsils. After a couple rounds of antibiotics and a trip to the ENT, Andersen is lucky he wasn't signed up for surgery! The ENT we went to said to give them some more time to clear on their own rather than put him through surgery. I agree! We had many cuddle days and lounging on the couch like this together, but Andersen seems to be back to normal with no signs of tonsils bugging him so far. He recently cut two top teeth that was accompanied with a slight fever and fussiness but nothing compared to his sore throat! Besides this little hiccup in sickness he is the happiest baby around! Andersen wants to be big SO bad and do everything Jackson does. He is doing everything but walking. He loves to walk around things as he is holding on and pull himself up to everything... but is still too chicken to take some steps. I did catch him take two steps in between a touch of the couch but nothing that looks promising of him about to walk on his own.
He has recently learned to crawl up the stairs and thinks he is the coolest kid now that he can race with Jackson. He also has taught himself to get off the couch.
If you even look at Andersen he will give you the biggest grin. He usually is always smiling unless he is tired or hungry. And man when he is hungry... there is no wasting time! He is the best eater and for the most part will eat whatever we give him. Andersen also out eats Jackson almost every night for dinner. It is very common for Andersen to eat a WHOLE hot dog cut up into little pieces
And my favorite... He FINALLY (a month or so ago) learned how to hold his own bottle! It seems like Jackson learned to do this within in a few months, but Andersen knows how to work the system and knows if he doesn't hold it Mom or Dad will do it giving him more time to relax and really enjoy it.
Andersen is getting quite the personality and starting to learn how to hold his own around Jackson. You will see a feisty Andersen when it comes to his toys, food, or Jackson not sharing with him. It is probably bad, but I love watching Andersen fight back because he looks so cute and innocent when doing it. The most recent thing he has learned is his voice. Man is this kid loud sometimes. But with that voice comes words and his vocabulary consists of "Daddy, Dad, Mom, Mommy, Hi and Bye" So cute to hear him talk!!

I can't believe in less that 1 month he will be 1 years old! I remember the Fall season approaching last year and knew that Andersen would be here soon so when the colder weather hit this year, it was like a flash back to all those prego emotions and being so excited to meet this little guy.
Man have you changed our family for the better!

2 comments:

Jonathan and Kiri said...

Oh I'm so happy he's feeling better!! That's wonderful. He's sure a handsome little man! Love your family.

Megan said...

I love all the updates. It seems like I haven't talked to or heard from you forever. That needs to change. Happy Belated Anniversary! Andersen is getting so big, I can't believe he'll be one so soon. That race looks so fun, what a great idea. I love that Jackson did some of it too. Blake always says when I get bigger can I run with you? I would love that. I love all the pics. Love you!