
What a fun idea this was! This is the 2nd year the Dye family has organized this fundraiser. It is a steeple chase from Oquirrh Mountain Temple to Jordan River Temple equaling 5 miles! The fundraiser is to raise money for countries that don't have the funds to make the day(s) trip to and from the temple. Usually this type of fundraiser is from a church building steeple to steeple run, but since our temples are so close we might as well run from one Moroni to the other. How lucky are we to have two temples within 5 miles of each other!! This was our first year running it and it was even more fun having Jackson run it with us. Here he is stretching with Nana. It was so cold this morning, so I made sure Andersen was bundled up nice and tight so he didn't get cold.


We started at the top by Oquirrh Mountain Temple and then made the 5 mile run down to Jordan River Temple. I thought it was only a 5K, but once I saw the 3 mile marker and Moroni was no where to be seen yet, I realized I still had 2 more miles to go! But we finally made it, just barely under 1 hour!

I had high hopes that Jackson would run more of the race with us, but this is about all he did... the last home stretch! He tried around mile 2 and made it two steps before he fell on his face, so considering the circumstances he was a champ to ran the end with us all. A HUGE thanks to Nana for pushing the stroller most of the way!

I don't know who enjoyed the race more, but if I had to do it again I would take this little guys spot in a heartbeat. He slept the whole time and decided to wake up as soon as we were done to enjoy Creamie's with us all.

Congrats Jackson on your first race! You did awesome!!

3 comments:
What a fun race!
That is a great fundraiser! How fun you brought your boys with you too. I hate running with my kids, I am too competitive. But you made it look so fun!
i heard about that run. I am sad that I wasn't able to do it this year. Glad you had a fun time.
Post a Comment