It seems like every time Jackson starts getting silly the only camera I have is the one on my phone so the following are a bunch of random pictures from my phone over the last month or so. This first picture doesn't give justice to the moment but imagine with me this situation. Try to picture Jackson singing "Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells.... oh what fun it is to ride, in a one horse open sleigh... HEY!" Well while he was singing he was also eating a gogurt and right as he said "Hey!" he jumped up and down and his yogurt went all the way up the wall. If you look close you can see the light pink yogurt drops on the floor and up the wall. It was so funny that it was hard to be mad at him. I think Jackson was just as shocked that this happened as I was. Hilarious... I still laugh just looking at this picture!
This wasn't a funny moment, but I just loved his cute smile. He was so excited that we had finally gotten snow that he dressed himself in his snow clothes to go outside and help Dad shovel the driveway. He even put on his Yamaha beanie in honor of Grandpa Dave.
This picture is right before we were about to go to Nana's house one Sunday night. Look closely to his outfit and keep in mind there is a foot of snow outside. Jackson put shorts on, but wore a sweatshirt to keep warm, then he put on his "basketball shoes", grabbed his "smarshmellow gun" and blankey and topped off the outfit with our neighbors hat that Nate wore to the mystery dinner. If you've been in our bedroom you'd know Jackson is looking at himself in my full length mirror. He was making faces and checking himself out. He was so proud of his outfit!
One of Jackson's recent favorite things is super heroes. The only thing he has asked for for Christmas is a "Hulk suit". Last year Jackson got this candy bucket from Nana for Halloween and he just realized that it can open up and decided to put it on his head as his new Spiderman costume. The Spiderman glove is also a necessity to his homemade outfit.
Man, I love you Jacks! You always keep me laughing. Thanks for being my little buddy. The older you get the more you have become such a good little helper (that is when you want to be!) You are always wanting to help me with whatever I am doing even if it is my boring mom jobs such as laundry, cooking, or cleaning. My favorite though is how much you love to cuddle with Mommy and Daddy. Every night you pick who is going to put you in bed and who gets to cuddle with you. The funny part to that is your reasoning behind who gets to do it and when. (Example: Since Daddy has been home with me all night he gets to cuddle with me... Its different every night!) Sometimes you ask me out of the blue to come cuddle with you. I'm sure that won't carry on into your teenage years, so I will soak it up as long as I can. Another thing you are learning to do is negotiate. You negotiate everything... more minutes to play, to leave, to go to bed, more treats, etc. You are also learning the concept of time. You ask us all day long what time it is. Even though you don't fully understand what it means when we tell you the time, you are still understanding that our days revolve around time and a schedule. You are loving school and doing so well with your sounds to your letters and you can't wait until you have homework. You are even figuring out how to sound out and spell some words with our help. I wish you would stop growing up so fast but every time I tell you to stop you tell me you have to so you can do homework.




3 comments:
I love Jackson too! What an adorable little boy!
Oh my goodness, these pictures make me miss you guys so much
How sweet - what a great little guy! He's too cute!
Post a Comment