Man, just when I think this kid can't get any cuter he learns something new! Andersen has gone from learning to walk, now to running... especially when he is trying to get away from me. His favorite thing to do lately is take his books or toys and walk them over to our stairs, throw them, and laugh as they hit every stair on the way down. This entertains him for hours some days! Another thing he has learned is to flip on and of his bedroom light when he wakes up in the mornings or from naps. We think its so funny, because Jackson would do the exact same thing! He sometimes will cry when he wakes up, but more times than not the first sign of Andersen waking up is the flip of the switch. Andersen is wanting to talk so bad. He jabbers all day long with some of the craziest noises, but has definitely learned how to communicate with his finger. He points at whatever food, drink, toy, etc he wants. Even though he can't talk yet, he can for sure understand us when we tell him to go get a diaper, binky, blanket, etc. I can't believe how smart this little munchkin is! In between all our laughs these past few months, Andersen got some yucky GI tract bug. We had diarrhea and throw up for almost 2 weeks! I changed and washed every bedding and car seat you could imagine but it wasn't until the morning Nate got Andersen out of his crib and was welcomed with poop that I finally decided to take him into the Doctor. This just wasn't a typical poopy diaper, Andersen had managed to have the worst blow out ever. When Nate was about to change his diaper, he unzipped Andersen's PJ's only to find poop all the way up to his collar bone. This was the longest 2 weeks, because not only did I do triple the laundry, Andersen would scream every time he was hungry and every time he ate. And it wasn't just a normal scream... I like to call it the angry bird. It sounds like a bird squawking at me and it doesn't stop unless you attend to his need. I felt terrible for the little guy because I knew he was hungry so I would give him some food. Less than 30 minutes later he was squawking at me because you could tell he was in miserable pain. Give him another 12 hours and it was coming out either the top or bottom. Thanks to Dr. Boud (again) and the miracle drug Septra Andersen was healed 3 days later and he was back to being the piglet that we know so well. If only the medicine took away the squawking, but unfortunately through all this we created a bad habit. He has learned how to get what he wants just by making that angry bird noise and so now I get it all day unless he is sleeping!
1 day ago


1 comments:
He is so dang cute! He is looking more and more like his big brother! What a sweetheart. You murder mystery party looked fun too!
Post a Comment