One year ago our Stake YW leaders challenged us leaders to get our Personal Progress Medallions along with our girls. They promised for all that earned them, they would be invited to attend a nice dinner provided by the Stake at the end of the year. At that meeting, I silently promised myself I would complete my personal progress and would be at that dinner the following year. On November 4th, I had accomplished my goal and attended the dinner. I was glad I got to attend the dinner with my 1st Counselor Hollie and our only Laurel, Megan (she took off before we got pictures) because they completed their medallions as well.
It definitely takes a different meaning doing the Personal Progress program as a mom and wife I am sure, but I know whoever completes this inspired program will be blessed no matter the age you are when completed.
I was actually asked to speak the night of the dinner in front of our Stake and share my experience I had with Personal Progress. Talk about intimidating and to make things even more emotional my Grandpa had passed away 2 days before the dinner. Needless to say, emotions were very close to the surface. I felt like I was a little distracted to speak because of my Grandpa's death being so recent, but I was glad I got to share my experience and testimony with many other women and girls within our Stake and apply the knowledge I had learned about eternal families and the Plan of Happiness as a strength to get me through my talk without too many tears. It also helped to have Nate there with me supporting me all the way through it!
As a convert and going to Young Women's sporadically as a youth I didn't understand the importance of the Personal Progress program so I never applied myself to receive it. My leaders, as a youth, gave me a medallion I am sure out of sympathy, but its not until now that I fully understand the blessings that come from putting the honest work and time into completing it. I now wear this necklace with honor and as a testimony of what great blessings we've been given as Children of God and more importantly as Daughters of God.
We have the best Stake YW Leaders and I am so grateful for the inspiration they gave to me to complete my personal progress award. I will always remember this experience and cherish the knowledge and spirit that filled my heart as I worked on receiving my medallion.
Bring on the Honor Bee Challenge this next year!!




5 comments:
Good JOB Jame...SO NEAT!!! That is awesome you did that. I don't if I could have done it now, being a mom and all. Way to GO!!!
Way to go! Want to here a sad story in our like 4 months in 5 months I lost ALL of my young women necklaces, cause they were ALL in the same little jewelry box
ps I am so sorry to here about your sweet grandpa that is so tough, mine pasted away this same time last year not fun hang in there
Congratulations Jamie! I am so proud of you! That is an amazing accomplishment and I wish I could say I was able to complete mine too while serving in Young Womens. I can only imagine how much dedication that took being as busy as you are. Way to go!
That's awesome Jamie! I think you've inspired me to finally get mine done too. Thanks for sharing that.
Post a Comment