Another post with no pictures, but I wanted to remember this special day. Not because we lost Minion this morning, but because Jackson gave his first talk in Primary today. I know its not good to brag about your own kids, but for a minute I am gonna! Jackson did awesome for his first talk! I was so proud as he sat so brave and confident in the assigned chairs in front of his primary group. I sat on the side until it was his turn. I sat quietly just watching him smile and wave at me. Once it was his turn, he walked right up to the microphone, made sure he adjusted it to his mouth just like the adults do and repeated everything I whispered to him. For the most part he spoke so clear and loud enough for the microphone to pick up his voice. His topic to speak on was "the scriptures are the word of God" and the following is the few sentences he read to the Primary...
"My Nana gives me lots of books. Sometimes these books teach me about different animals or dinosaurs, and sometimes they are funny stories. No matter what kind of book it is that I get from my Nana I can’t wait to read it over and over again. The scriptures need to be treated the same way. Heavenly Father gave us these scriptures to teach us things and tell us stories. I love my new scriptures and I love to read them every day with my family."
With approval we got to record his talk so Nate could watch it since he had to miss it while he was teaching Sunday School. How fun is that going to be to watch in 20 years from now! I love how confident and what a great leader he already is to those around him. I was curious if he was going to get scared to speak once it was show time, but Jackson didn't hesitate once! Today was definitely one of those parent reward days, but also a bittersweet day knowing that Jackson is growing up so fast. Before I know it he will be (hopefully) serving a mission and sharing those same words to those he was called to serve but in his own words backed by his own testimony. We love you Jacks and good work!
4 comments:
How awesome! Go Jackson! And that is so sad/funny about the fish. Sorry!
That is so funny. Landon was asked to give one last week. He never brought us the paper so someone called us but we weren't going because he was sick. That is so crazy. Our little boys are growing up WAY too fast.
Jamie he is one of the sweetest little things. I love listening to his sweet comments. He did so great.
Cute, cute! I bet he was so fun to watch.
Post a Comment