Sunday, January 30, 2011

For those that have read my last post, you would have been introduced to Jackson's new friend "Minion". Minion was Table (#2)'s mystery baby that appeared after Table (#1)'s long nap. Unfortunately Minion went to bed last night and never woke up this morning. I missed the initial reaction because I was at a meeting, but I got a text this morning from Nate letting me know Minion was taking a nap as well! I could only imagine what Jackson was thinking... You lazy fish, wake up and quit taking so many naps accompanied by a few tears! A few hours later we left for church and Minion continued his nap. We got home from church and he was still napping. Some where in between lunch and some Sabbath day relaxation "Minion went to heaven". Only Minion's exodus to heaven was a secret spoon escort from the fish bowl to the toilet bowl accompanied by Nate. I wish I would have taken a picture of Minion before his swirly but I figured I would save you the drama and the heartache for Jackson when he finds out the truth one day. I feel we made a step of progression to telling Jackson the truth. For the most part we didn't lie to him this time, we just never said he died and who knows, maybe Minion was taking a long nap and just never woke up? We tried to keep it a positive experience and what could be better than living in heaven? I asked Jackson if he wanted to go get another "Minion" in the morning and he said "No". I guess Minion was just irreplaceable. It was a good week spent with you Minion! Lets just hope your companion Table #2 lasts a little longer so we don't have anymore fish drama around our house for awhile.

0 comments: