Sunday, January 2, 2011

We have a Sunbeam!

I can't believe Jackson went to Primary for the first time today! Nate and I have been talking to him about this for awhile to get him prepared for it and when today came he was so excited even though the picture would say otherwise. Jackson has always loved Nursery and being able to play with all his friends for 2 hours so I was a little nervous how he would react to more of a structured schedule. Our ward has 3 sunbeam classes and his 2 favorite buddies are in different classes, but luckily Jackson has 2 of his favorite people as his teachers (Sister Wagner and Sister Ware) so today was definitely a smooth transition. He even said he likes Primary better than Nursery so it couldn't have been too hard on him. I asked Jackson what his favorite part about Primary was and he answered with singing "Scripture Power". He has no clue what the words are to the song yet, but he was happy he got his own set of scriptures for Christmas so he can sing along with the other kids. I wish I could be a fly on the wall for those 2 hours every Sunday but I guess I will have to wait until the Primary Program to see it all.

4 comments:

Aly said...

That is insane! I can't believe he so old. I was dying putting Ben in "senior" nursery yesterday. I can only imagine the real deal. That's awesome though! Good for him. Happy New Year you guys!

Lindsay said...

SO cute! I'm sure he'll be a great little Sunbeam!

Melinda said...

Jamie! Ok... he was SO GOOD! (At least what I saw during sharing time.) Sitting with his arms folded, listening to everything that was said and being the best little sunbeam he could be. You could tell he was focused on being reverent. It was awesome. Anytime you want to stop in, feel free!

Stacey said...

He looks so cute! I love his little tie. Devery got to go to primary now too!