This year with Jackson's birthday being on a Tuesday and Grandma Kay only in town on the weekend, his birthday started Sunday night. We started with an ice cream cake at Nana's house after dinner from Grandma Kay. My mom picked this cake up as a surprise to us all so all the pictures I took were with my camera phone since I didn't have my good camera with me. That didn't stop Jackson though from loving his Hot-Wheels cake!
Jackson celebrated Monday night on a date with Nana. Luckily Nate and I were invited along as Jackson had a special date to "Build a Bear". He had no idea what to expect just from us explaining what we were going to do, but once he got to the store he was so excited. He knew exactly what he wanted. He went straight to the bunny, then to the football uniform and added all the accessories later like his underwear and cleats. He even got 2 sounds put inside (one being the star wars theme song and the other was a recorded message from Nana) and a heart beat.
Next, he had to be so patient as he waited in line to fill up the bunny with the stuffing.
What I am sure felt like forever to Jackson, was only a couple minute wait until it was his turn to help press the pedal as his bunny came to life.
My favorite part was when Jackson got to put the heart into the bunny just because the worker was so cute to come up with a fun story and actions for him to do with the heart to make his bunny real.
She asked him to touch the heart to his head so his bunny was smart, touch the heart to his knee so his bunny would always "need" him, touch it to his armpit so he doesn't stink, touch it to his ear so he will always listen, touch it to his tummy so he is never hungry, rub it between his hands so he is always warm, give it a kiss and put it inside!
It was love at first sight for Jackson! The first thing he did when bunny was done getting sewn up was give him one big hug.
The next step was getting him dressed,
and then giving him a name and birth certificate.
Meet "Rabbit". Jackson is very creative, I know! The next morning he called him "Rabbit Racer" but that didn't last long and the name that has stuck is "Rabbit". What a fun idea Nana! By far one of his favorite birthday highlights.
After build-a-bear, we had dinner at Olive Garden. Jackson was unsettled the whole time we were eating knowing his bunny was out in the car and that we were leaving him alone too long. But finally we finished dinner and Jackson and Rabbit were reunited and he was satisfied and ready to go home to get Andersen. (Jackson asked for brother to go to a babysitter so it was all about him for his birthday date) Thanks Chelsea for watching Andersen so Nate and I could double with Jackson and Nana for his birthday. What a fun night!
The next day, Tuesday March 29th, was Jackson's real birthday. We spent most of the day getting ready for his party and his few guests we invited.
Jackson has loved his super heroes for months now and only asked for more costumes for his birthday presents, so I thought it was very fitting to have a super hero birthday party to go along with his obsession. We started the party with pizza, chips,and fruit for dinner with "Hulk" juice to drink followed by presents. He got spoiled like usual from family and friends. Some of his favorites were his dart gun, basketball, Batman car, mini skate board ramp and especially his costumes. As soon as his presents were all opened he instantly stripped down to put on his costumes. All of his guests were lucky enough to see this pose as well! (If you look close he even has super hero underwear on! This kid is obsessed with any Marvel character)
Andersen had to do exactly what brother was doing and took his shirt off too. If he could figure out how to take off his pants those would have come off as well!
First he tried on Iron Man,
and then Optimus Prime. Lucky for Jackson his cousin Rustin brought Batman to join him in dressing up in costumes. This was definitely one of the cutest Batman's I have seen in a long time!
To end the party we had cake and ice cream, sang Happy Birthday and Jackson got to do his favorite thing... blow out the candles!
And then everyone went home. Jackson loved having his friends over and wished he could have invited more.
Andersen wasn't sure what to think of all the guests at our house and not having the attention be all about him but as long as he had his Nana he was a happy camper!
After all our friends and family left Jackson played with all his new toys and counted all his birthday money multiple times and made sure they were all lined up perfectly straight on the floor. He thinks he is the richest kid around with $9!
We love you so much Jackson and can't believe you are already 4 years old! Time is flying by but I am loving the stage you are in. You keep me company all day while Dad is at work and make me laugh all the time with the funniest things you come up with and say. You have the cutest smile and you are so sweet to your brother when you want to be. I can't believe I only have one more year with you until you go to Kindergarten. Man, am I going to miss you during the day but I know you will love going to school and you will be a great student because you love to learn. What would Dad and I do without you! Hope you had a happy 4th birthday!
We love you Bum Bum!




10 comments:
Another blog to stalk! Yay! Hope you don't mind. Jacksons cake is awesome.
PS- how do you know narrative and Jennifer Hull?
Heather... I have no idea who this is because it won't let me look on your blog. Send me your link to your blog please? :)
What a great kid! It's amazing he is now four!
Happy Birthday to Jackson!! What a fun birthday week!! Love his pose while he's changing in his super hero underwear! Haha, too cute!!!
Fun, fun. Looks like you guys partied for a good long time. I love the costumes. Where do you get them, Blake would freak. I don't know what it is about boys this age and super heroes. I love the cake, cute little bunny, and the new super heroes. We'll have to come down and play sometime.
Jamie,
I think I fixed it. You can link to my blog now.
Sounds like a pretty awesome birthday! Where did you get your cake? SO CUTE!
Thanks everyone! Alesha... I made it! Probably a waste of 12 hours but it was fun and Jackson loved it! Heather, I went to school with Jennifer ever since elementary school... How do you know them?
That is so cute jamie. I love his invite. You are so creative. I cant believe our boys are so old. We need to get together soon.
Jaim!!! YOU MADE THAT?!? IT is so awesome, give me some details. Koen thinks it is pretty fabulous!
Post a Comment