Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Jackson's latest funnies...

I can't believe Jackson turns 4 a week from today! Time is starting to go by so fast the older he gets especially because he is learning so much and becoming so independent. I know I say it all the time but he gets funnier every day I think. He is always trying to do what Nate and I are doing. I guess he has watched me hang up the laundry way too much because this is what I saw when I came into his room one day after I told him to clean up his room. He took all these dirty clothes out of his laundry basket and even hung up his shorts on hangers. It is a constant battle to get Jackson to wear anything besides these shorts and t-shirts so he thought if he hung them up that he was doing the laundry and they were all clean to wear again. (and No I don't hang up his shorts if you are wondering).
 This band aid story is hilarious! At first glance you would think this band aid was for a bloody nose or the zit on his nose... but no! His nose was bleeding from the scab he created by first picking his nose too much. Then Jackson picked that same scab later during one of his picking episodes and it was bleeding pretty good. Nate and I can be softies when it comes to our kids getting hurt but when it has to do with him bleeding because of his habits of picking his nose or biting his fingernails we go all out! Nate had the idea to put a band-aid on it and I acted upon it. Jackson was excited at first until he realized the joke was on him! After he knew we were joking he started to cry and ripped the band-aid off... that's when the soft side of parenting came back into play and the joke was over. Sorry Jacks, but the picture was too good not to get!
 This kid loves Cheetos!! He'd eat the whole big bag if I'd let him. Well Nana is famous now for having the little bags of chips that she lets the boys take as we leave her house. It seems like we are always leaving at night and I don't want Jackson eating his chips that late so I have him save them until the next day. This incident was the day after and I let him eat them as a snack and told him he could get them out of the pantry but to make sure he was at the table. It was too quiet so as I walked into the kitchen this is what I saw. Jackson in total meditation staring out the back window enjoying his Cheetos- foot propped up on the table and everything. Even take notice of how he laid his blanket on the back of the chair! I took this picture without him even knowing I was there and once the camera flash went off he was totally caught off guard confirming to me his state of deep thought.
 This isn't anything too out of the norm for Jackson but just another one of his creative outfits as we were about to go play outside on one of our recent warm days we have been able to enjoy finally. Darth Vader is a new addition to his rotation of his 5 favorite t-shirts, the boots are a great choice to ride bikes with but my favorite is his candy necklace for an added accessory!
 This isn't a funny story but just a picture to remind me how smart this little guy is! Jackson is always finding numbers and letters in the silliest things. This picture was taken as he was eating an apple the other day. He made the number 8 all by himself and was so excited to show me.

Another fun Mommy pay day has been the recent phone calls or comments I have gotten from Jackson's primary teachers or leaders. They always have the nicest and most positive things to say about him participating in class... like he is so good at saying the prayer and volunteering to help out or even answering the questions with the right answers... and not just the typical primary answers either. I would like to take credit for the knowledge he has but the older he gets and the more in depth his answers and testimony gets on things that I haven't even talked to him about reconfirms to me that he was born with it or he is doing great at soaking up everything his awesome primary teachers are teaching him. 

Jacks we love you so much! Even though you act out and whine about almost everything we are so proud of you! You are such a smart kid and we love your desire to learn new things. For the most part you are such a good big brother to Andersen and I love watching you give him random hugs and kisses throughout the day. You are always making me and Dad laugh with your funny sayings, but yet you are so mature for your age that we can have conversations with you that most 4 year olds (in a week) would never have with their parents. Thanks for being my little buddy and still wanting to cuddle with me. I hope some of these things you are doing during this stage of life lasts forever because I know I am going to miss your 3 year stage like crazy.

4 comments:

The Sampson Family said...

I miss Jackson and Andersen soooo much!!! I can't believe how big they are getting!!! Love you guys!

Lindsay said...

What a smart little guy! He's so cute! You've got a winner there!

Megan said...

What a sweetheart! I love that Blake does some of the same things. I can't believe he's having a birthday this week.

Kim said...

Wow! 4 years just flies by, right?! He sounds like a smart, funny little boy. He is super cute too.