This year of preschool FLEW by! I can't believe we already did graduation for these cute boys. With most of the boys not starting Kindergarten for another year, we decided as neighbors we would put together a little preschool agenda of our own and rotate who teaches each week. We had 7 boys total and Jackson loved every second of it. I can't say I thorough enjoyed it when it was my turn to teach, but Jackson loved when it was my turn so that is what kept me going all year. Looking back now though, it really wasn't that bad considering we only had to each teach around 9 or 10 times with one of those being a holiday/party to plan. I had the Valentine's Party and then with two other moms, we were in charge of graduation. We planned a short and sweet graduation ceremony for the boys and any parents that could come. We held it at our clubhouse in our neighborhood and started with the Pledge of Allegiance. Its awesome to see how far they have come in memorizing that over the school year.
With Jackson receiving the "Teacher's Pet" award, it was fitting that he was the first one to volunteer to hold the flag for the pledge.
After the Pledge, we watched a slideshow that Nate and I had put to together of all the fun pictures the moms have taken over the year of the field trips and other fun things they did at their homes. I loved watching the slideshow but it left me in denial that my little boy is growing up! After the slideshow we did awards and then took a bunch of pictures. I don't think we got a picture all year long of the 7 of them all smiling or looking at the camera, but I think those are the best pictures for fun memories.
I have grown to love all these little boys so much and have made some good friendships with these moms.
After the slideshow and awards, we ate donuts and juice. This definitely was Andersen's favorite part. Then Nate left for work while we all stayed to let the boys play and the moms talked.
What a fun ending to our school year! I know Jackson misses playing with all his school friends, as do I. I miss all the cute crafts and listening to him share everything that he learned that day. Before I know it Andersen will be going to preschool! He loved playing with Jackson's graduation hat and he even wanted to have snacks on his school rug just like the big boys used to do. With Jackson and his friends having 1 more year until Kindergarten, him and most of the same boys from his class will be going to Riverton High School as a Silver Pup next year.





0 comments:
Post a Comment