Monday, July 11, 2011

Our Weekend

Friday night we met at Gateway with some of our good friends from Hooper. Stephanie and I went to Weber together and have stayed in touch all these years later. We went to California Pizza Kitchen for dinner and then let the boys play in the fountains. It works out perfect that we both have 2 little boys and our husbands love sports because everyone is happy and Steph and I get to catch up! Jackson has played in the fountains before, but Andersen wasn't sure about it. He was definitely curious, but wouldn't get too close. He ended up picking a seat on Daddy's lap over playing in the water, but that didn't bother Jackson and Stephanie's boys. They played in the water until they were soaked and shivering. We were there for over an hour so the boys got to play in two water shows. I think Jackson was amazed with how much water would come up out of the holes. The funniest was watching Body and Jackson hover over the water holes until it shot into their faces.
On Saturday we went to our ward BBQ and Bike Parade. Jackson wasn't able to be in it last year because he wasn't Primary age yet, so this year he was SO excited and was counting down the hours until it was time to go. Right as we got there he made sure his bike was all decorated with streamers and balloons. He even made sure he asked our neighbor if I was doing the paper in between his wheel spokes properly. The kids circled around our church  parking lot a dozen times and then we all went to eat. Jackson didn't want anything to do with eating because all he wanted to do was go back out on the course and ride. It was so fun watching Jackson and all of his buddies ride around because they were so concentrated on not crashing in to people. Jackson wishes he still had his decorations on his bike but later that night he was playing in the sprinklers with his bike and the paper got all soggy. You would have thought I threw the whole bike in the garbage! Good thing that tantrum only last a minute but I will agree with him, the decorations were fun while it lasted!

2 comments:

Light. Fire. Reverence. said...

Fun post, fun family! Nate sports the beard well.

Light. Fire. Reverence. said...

Wow. "Light, Fire, Reverence" Was a joke name I set up 6 years ago with some missionary buddies. This is Spencer Staples. Just FYI. No idea why it did that old name. Okay, bye.