Lately I have felt like my life keeps piling up with long to-do lists, bad news, never-ending hard trials and many disappointments. I feel like I have been riding the "poor Jamie train" FOREVER and its about time I get to my stop and jump off! I was looking at this ever growing pile of clean laundry that I need to fold (Yes, this has been sitting here for a few days, and I have been adding more loads to it all day) and I realized what a "ground hog day" of life I have been living and its driving me crazy! I have been so caught up with whats not right in my life that I have been missing everything that IS right and all the beautiful blessings in it... including these little munchkins! Today I am grateful for the sweet whisperings of the Spirit to remind that I am here to do more than fold laundry and check off my to-do lists. Watching the innocence of these two sweet boys eat their Popsicles together while having so much fun, overwhelmed me with gratitude. Although my life may be hard and not the way I would have planned at the moment, I know I am abundantly surrounded with so many blessings that I could have never planned for myself. I have loved this summer as I get to watch my boys learn and play outside. I have loved the long chats with my good neighbors and best friends as our kids play for hours together. The simple pleasure that comes from a cold popsicle, or a picnic at the park with friends will definitely be missed as we slip closer to the Fall. Until then I hope I can continue to enjoy what is left of this summer and maybe by then "this too shall pass"!
1 day ago

1 comments:
I love you Jamie! You make me so happy and I'm so grateful to have you in my life! Seeing you last week was definitely a boost I needed!
Post a Comment