The morning after the big boys camp-out they met us girls and little boys at the Herriman Parade. This is a tradition for the Christensen's so I am glad we tagged along this year. Jackson loved every second of the parade and Andersen of course was happy as long as he was constantly fed the candy the floats were throwing at him. There is something more fun about small town parades because they create a sense of unity through the community, plus it makes it more fun when you see people you know. Nate's cousin, Dr. Rosvall was in the parade along with his Aunt and Uncle driving the float. As soon as the parade was over we made it home so the smelly campout boys could shower and nap before we headed down to Orem Days.
The Christensen's brother, Jordan, has his own quesadilla stand he runs every year for Orem days so another tradition of their family is to go down to help out where you can and have fun at the same time. Man were we exhausted before even going down, but we are glad we did. Our boys loved all the fun rides and Nate and I loved our very own Paco's (Jordan's quesadillas) for the first time. Andersen wasn't too sure about the carousel or any other ride for that matter, but as long as he could see Jackson he was having fun. I would say most of the time we spent chatting or helping in the Paco stand so the little munchkins got creative for entertainment. They wanted to play in the trailer that all the Paco equipment came in so us adults let them play in the giant play pin while we relaxed knowing they weren't going anywhere. Hours later we took off and watched the fireworks from our car. Everyone was exhausted and so ready for bed by the time we got home that night, but we definitely would do it all over again because it was such a fun day with the Christensen's.


1 comments:
I am impressed jamie! You are getting all your blogging caught up. Something I should be working on too:-/ Thanks for sharing the good times with us. I agree it was exhausting and fun!!
Post a Comment