With us having an early and busy day yesterday we all took it easy this morning. We slept in, lounged around and then we took turns kayaking in the ocean. Our beach house was literally across the street from the ocean, so we carried the kayaks across the street and launched just feet from our house.
Nate and I paddled out as far as I dared to go. I got scared once the waves were curling over, but as along as I was safe from those waves I was good to go wherever. Being on the kayaks was so relaxing and peaceful because there wasn't anything around... just me and Nate and the water!
Once we were done with kayaking we packed up again and went the other way on the island to a different beach. Jackson has come to love the ocean and was always willing to go out with Nate... that is as long as he could cling tight to his Daddy's neck.
We did our usual beach routine of lunch and toys but this time we brought the boogie boards which was fun.
Nate also helped Jackson build a sand castle. He has wanted to build one every time we went to the beach so he finally got what he wanted. It was so cute watching the boys work so hard to pack the sand and make the perfect castle. Andersen was hoping to help as well, but that lasted only a few minutes because he started knocking it over every time Nate would uncover a tower.
Look how cute these two are! Jackson was so proud of the finished castle and spent the rest of the time making sure the little kids didn't smash it.
With Andersen being fired from the castle project, he found other entertainment with Nana. Nana pulled a chair right up to the waves on the shore and started piling the sand in a hill so Andersen felt like he was building his own sand castle. Before long a wave came up too far and melted his pile of sand. He thought it was so funny and then it became a game for the two of them.
I don't know who was enjoying it more, but I know Nana must have been in heaven. This picture below has to be one of my favorite pictures I took all week!
After the beach we took munchkins home to get cleaned up and nap before we headed over to the Polynesian Culture Center. We didn't get there early enough to see any of the shows from the different cultures, so we went right to dinner at the buffet.
After dinner we still had about an hour until the show started so we walked around looking at the different shops. Nana gave Jackson the idea of getting a tattoo just like the other boys so he was set on doing that first. After the jet was painted on his arm, the attention was on their stuffed animals. Originally all the kids had frogs, but in another shop I found really cute turtles with a baby turtle in a pouch on top of the shell that I was able to talk the boys into getting instead. I am so glad they changed their minds because I thought they were super cute, plus Andersen says "baby turtle" in the cutest voice so it is fun to have him say that even though we are home. It will be a little reminder of the fun times in Hawaii every time we hear "baby turtle".
To finish the night we watched the show "Breath of Life". This show was pricey so I am not convinced on doing it again anytime soon, but it was definitely worth seeing it at least once. Jackson was so tired that he didn't make it all the way through, but Andersen was a champ. He sat on the edge of his seat captured by it all for the entire show! I even caught him shaking his body a little bit trying to dance to the music. By the end of the show it was late again and time to get kids home to bed.






1 comments:
Jamie! This trip looks absolutely perfect! I'm so glad you had a great time!
Post a Comment