Thursday, September 8, 2011

"I am so tired I can't even walk" {Day 6}

 We started the day off at the Aloha Stadium for the weekly swap meet. We made the loop around not finding too much lute other than the boys (or Chase) buying 12 pairs of shorts! Nate and Ryan did find a temporary tattoo stand to snap some matching tattoos to Uncle Chase. Alicia shared her coconut with everyone and Jackson got his toy jet that he was begging for!
After a couple hours we made the short drive to Pearl Harbor Marina do to the free tour to the Arizona. We had a 2 hour wait until our assigned tour so we walked over to Schooners restaurant for lunch to help pass the time.
After lunch we still had an hour until it was our time for the tour. We walked around the grounds checking out all the different memorabilia honoring those effected that day. Eventually it was time to start our tour. It starts out with a short video giving a brief history of what happened and why December 7th was such a tragic day. Funny story: Right as the lights went dim and silence was had over the crowd, Jackson asked so seriously "where's the popcorn?". It was HILARIOUS because not only did our family hear but the whole audience got a good laugh out of it as well. A few minutes later Jackson crashed and before he knew it, it was time to wake up. He wasn't too excited about his short power nap and when it was time to go on the ferry ride Jackson said "I'm so tired I can't even walk". He was full of funnies. The ferry ride took us out to the Arizona where we could see different areas of the ship under water and the wall honoring all those lost on that ship that day. My favorite part was seeing those that have passed away after December 7th, but wanting to be buried with those fellow men that they served with that day.
After Pearl Harbor we went to Sunset Beach to snap a few of our own family pictures.
Here are a few of the favorites.
Today was definitely a long day of hopping around the island and I think we all felt just the way Jackson described early. After pictures we were so tired that we grabbed Pizza for dinner and came back to the house to eat because we were all "so tired that we couldn't even walk!".

2 comments:

Heather said...

I love that you're documenting your trip while your still there. I feel like I'm there with you (or at least wishing I was)

Megan said...

ADORABLE family pics! Sounds like you guys are doing all there is to do.