Last weekend Nate and I (along with my parents) took off on a quick vacation to New York. My sister's sister-in-law was getting married and we didn't want to miss it! The Sampson family live in upstate New York so the fastest way to get to their place is fly into Montreal, Canada.This definitely was a first for Nate and I. I have never driven across the US border so I thought this sign was pretty cool, but kind of intimidating as well. We flew in on a Thursday night and went straight to my brother-in-laws parents place for dinner and then checked into our hotel later. Friday was the rehearsal and dinner, so with my sister's family being involved in that all day, we did our own thing until later that night when we meet over at the soon-to-be couples house for dinner with all their friends and family. Saturday, September 24th, was the big day. They got married on Harmony Golf Course surrounded by beautiful scenery.
I have known Christine (the bride) ever since her brother met my sister back when I was probably 14 years old and we have been friends ever since. We would be each others traveling companions when we were both single and on family vacations. She definitely was a good "partner in crime". So of course after all those years, we all were excited to spend this moment with her.
After a beautiful ceremony, we spent the rest of the night eating dinner and dancing. It was a fun night surrounded by family celebrating this marriage. What a happy and cute couple they are. My favorite part of the whole day was when Christine shared her wedding vows not only to Shawn but to his cute daughter Taylor followed by giving her a necklace symbolizing the union of their new family. It was so thoughtful and sweet!
The next day, before the love birds headed off to Mexico for their honeymoon and we had to leave to the airport, we got to celebrate Katelyn's 10th birthday. I haven't spent a birthday with her in years, so it was fun to share a little bit of her excitement. Man did she make a hauling in clothes from Justice!
What a short but sweet few days it was. Definitely not your typical New York experience, but nothing is prettier than upstate New York. Every where you go you see these amazing fields of apple orchards.
And it was the perfect time to visit because all the trees were changing colors. Just within days we saw trees change from green to red. It was beautiful!
Congratulations Christine and Shawn! We are so excited for what the future holds for the two of you and we are glad we didn't miss this special day.


2 comments:
How fun! Upstate New York is beautiful! Looks like a great trip!
FUN! What a perfect time to go. I'm jealous you got to see all the beautiful leaves. Is your dress that Bella Bird at Walmart? I had that dress too, so cute. I hope you are doing well. When are you going to come see me?
Post a Comment