With me working less hours in the office, I now have another day at home with these munchkins. I always worried if I could handle not working as much just because I love my job so much... But I will admit I love these munchkins more! It has been so fun hanging out with them more and soaking in all their little quirks and silliness. You don't realize how much your kids keep you company until you are away from them and then I find myself missing their sweet voices, even though a lot of the time the voice is a high pitched squeal fighting for power and control of something. I am just amazed at how fast time is slipping through my hands and how fast they are growing up, especially Jackson. He always has been a big boy and very self sufficient, but lately he is taking it to another level. One day he was hungry and I needed a couple minutes to finish something so he asked if he could just make a PB&J sandwich himself rather than wait. I remembered my friend, Megan, telling me how important it is to allow your kids to learn to do things for themselves even if it makes a mess (which is really hard for me!) but this day it was good timing for trial and error. I was pretty sure he could do it, but what shocked me is just how good he did it! It was a perfect sandwich with evenly spread PB&J on both pieces of bread. There were a few licks of the fingers and knife, but I am sure a little double dip in the peanut butter and jelly never hurt anyone.
Shortly after Jackson made his own sandwich, I caught Andersen on the floor trying to clip his own toenails! That is when it hit me (AGAIN, thanks goodness I keep getting reminders) that I need to enjoy these days I get with my boys because before I know it they will be gone. Andersen didn't really clip any nails off, but it is just the beginning of him becoming independent I am sure. Lets hope he starts with something a little less detailed next time though so we avoid in-grown toe nails.
Thank you boys for letting me hang out with you all day, even if you don't agree with my referee calls some times. You are the best side kicks for errands (unless we are at the mall) and you definitely keep me entertained every day. I love you both so much!



1 comments:
Good for you to let Jackson do his lunch. Good for Jackson. I too have a hard time with the mess. CUTE boys!!! I can't believe Andersen will be two either. I love your post I need to do one like that. They ate growing up so fast and I'm sure we will miss their sweet innoscense. I'd love to see you soon. Maybe next Friday. Mike and I are running the so Jo marathon.
Post a Comment