Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Mommy's "Time Out"

 Months ago I was invited to tag along with this fun group of women for a night stay downtown while we attend "Time Out For Women". I have never been before, but thought it would be a good experience (and a nice break) even if I only knew a hand full of the women in the group. Last Friday we all took off around 3:30 to drive downtown. We checked into the Little America, went to J Wongs for dinner and then walked across the street to the Salt Palace to begin the night of listening to uplifting and inspiring speakers. Friday night we listened to Brad Wilcox, Sheri Dew and my new favorite Hillary Weeks. The next morning we got up early and did a repeat of the night before. We listened to a surprise guest speaker Stephanie Nielsen, and then Michael Wilcox, Wendy Ulrich, Emily Watts, and Laurel Christensen, all accompanied by Jericho Road in between. Every speaker was amazing to listen to and taught things that I needed to hear. Its amazing how the Spirit can teach everyone what they need to know through the same talk.
Even though the whole "TOFW" convention was the purpose of bringing us women together, if you have ever been to a girls night out you know that is not where the fun stops... it is just the beginning! Friday night after listening to speakers we all went back to the hotel. Half of us went to Chili's for a late night snack of chips and salsa while the other half went to the hot tub or hung out in the rooms. I was in the chips and salsa group, and after our ride in the "burb" we went back to our room for more fun. Leave it to Heather and Stephanie to get the idea of snow angels on the roof of the hotel!
What a fun 24 hours away from reality! It was the perfect mix of spiritual rejuvenation mixed with laughs and good memories made with some new friends. I am so glad I went and I can't wait for another Mommy "time out" next year!! Love you all girls and thanks for the good times.

0 comments: