A couple weeks ago I took the boys to the Dentist. Jackson has become a pro and actually looks forward to going now. Andersen on the other hand wasn't too excited. We already battle every time I try to brush his teeth, so I knew this first visit wasn't going to be anything different. Jackson went first and continued his perfect record of no cavities/problems for his check up. Next was Andersen's turn and I had to hold him down the entire time, hence the no pics of Andersen in the dental chair. Once the doctor was done with Andersen, the assistant gave him a bouncy balls and that eased the misery slightly enough to get a group picture. The dentist didn't get to do a lot to him other than check inside his mouth and make sure everything looks good so far. He did notice his molars are coming in the back so that was news to me! His lower left molar had already poked through but the other ones were just about to make their appearance.
It wasn't until we made it home that I finally got a smile out of Andersen over his first dentist visit. And I don't think the excitement was from the dentist it was more the goody bag of stuff. He thinks its pretty cool he got a new toothbrush, his very own toothpaste and another bouncy ball to add to his collection. Hopefully next time Dr. Tew can do a lot more than just look, but I guess you got to start the habit of going sometime.
Good work boys on your checkups, we are good now for another 6 months!
0 comments:
Post a Comment