Tuesday, November 15, 2011

"Just Another Day in Paradise"

 For those that know me know I LOVE country music! I can't even remember the last time I didn't like country music. I love everything about it (even though Nate can't stand it), but the thing I love the most is the stories that come to life in the lyrics. Today I thought about this song. It is by Phil Vassar and has been out for years!

The kids screaming, phone ringing
Dog barking at the mailman bringing
That stack of bills - overdue
Good morning baby, how are you?
Got a half hour, quick shower
Take a drink of milk but the milk's gone sour
My funny face makes you laugh
Twist the top on and I put it back
There goes the washing machine
Baby, don't kick it.
I promise I'll fix it
Long about a million other things

Friday, you're late

Guess we'll never make our dinner date
At the restaurant you start to cry
Baby, we'll just improvise
Well, plan B looks like
Dominoes' pizza in the candle light
Then we'll tip toe to our room
Make a little love that's overdue
But somebody had a bad dream
Mama and daddy
Can me and my teddy
Come in to sleep in between?

Well, it's ok. It's so nice.

It's just another day in paradise.
Well, there's no place that
I'd rather be
Two hearts
And one dream
I wouldn't trade it for anything
And I ask the Lord every night
For just another day in paradise.

I remember jamming out to it with Jodie (Lewis) Staples in her Tempo as we enjoyed our summer days. I would always imagine what my "paradise" would be like and today I was grateful for my real "paradise". It all started yesterday... I was super grumpy and had no reason why. The only thing I can think of was I just had a lot on my mind and a lot going on. So a friend of mine knew what a grumpy day I had yesterday and asked me how I was today. My first response was a sarcastic "just another day in paradise"! All I could think of was the 5 hours it took me to clean 2 bathrooms because in between cleaning I had to get two kiddos bathed, make breakfast and clean it up, brush their teeth,  take and pick up Jackson from Preschool, clean up two pee accidents from Andersen since he is wanting to potty train already, make lunch and clean it up, a half dozen trips outside for Milly to go potty and a handful of other side requests for snacks or drinks from the kiddos. It was about 1:30 when it was my turn to finally brush my teeth and shower for the day. While I was taking a nice hot shower, I thought, man I have so much to be grateful for and it really is just another day in my paradise. There really is no place I'd rather be and I wouldn't trade it for anything. I have an amazing husband, with a good job, who works so hard for our family. I have two great boys that I love having as my company during the day while Nate is at work, I have a perfect home for our family, and the list kept going on and on as I was pondering and I couldn't help but ask the Lord for just another day in paradise!

2 comments:

Heather said...

I'm a country girl as well and I love this song. Isn't it so easy to take things for granted?

Megan said...

Love your post! I totally agree. Cute little undy Andersen. That is great if he's potty trained so fast. Zack was fast and easy too!