I would have never thought to try and potty train Andersen at barely age 2, but he has started training himself! He has had a fascination with the potty for a while now, I am sure just by watching Jackson, but this past week he is becoming serious about going in the potty. At first I thought it was him just wanting to play, but he is telling me when he needs to go now and will do it all by himself. He will take off his own pants, take off diaper, run to the bathroom and climb up on the toilet all by himself. Its pretty stinkin' cute to see him on the toilet because I think he looks so little to be potty training, but I think he is really catching on. I tried to have Andersen wear some of Jackson's old underwear from when he was little (just so he could see what they felt like) but they were way too big. So while Jackson was at school one day, Andersen and I went to Walmart and bought some new "big boy underwear" just for Andersen. He chose "Buzz free" (Meaning Toy Story 3). I had him model them right after we bought them so we could send pictures to Dad and Andersen was so excited! He was running and dancing all around the house. He has grasped the idea of not having to become completely naked to go to the bathroom and will finally leave his shirt on, but it definitely is a battle as to what underwear we are going to wear and to get him to realize we only wear one pair a day... not all 3! Looks like I know what we are doing this weekend! I am going to try and stick with it and see if we can get rid of this diaper bill while he is interested.
1 day ago


4 comments:
wow! that's awesome! good luck. :)
SUCH awesome pictures...and lucky you!
Way to go little guy! That's awesome!
So cute! So proud of my little nephew!
Post a Comment