For the past 3 years Jackson has been going with Nana on a special Christmas date. Every year they go get some dinner and then back to her house to decorate a gingerbread house. This date was planned I think for at least "4 sleeps" in advance and the anticipation was killing him. Finally it was time to go and Jacks was super excited! They did their usual stop at Chuckie Cheese for dinner, games, and prizes and then off to decorate they went. A few hours later Nana dropped him off with this beauty of a gingerbread house. This was his best house so far! It really looked awesome for a 4 year old creation. He strategically set light bulb candies around the roof as Christmas lights and even had bushes around the house. I love his imagination lately! He definitely is posing like he knows he is officially a gingerbread pro.
Luckily for Andersen, this was his first year to join in on the tradition. Jacks went first and then a few nights later it was his turn. They stopped at Village Inn for some happy face pancakes for dinner and then off to Nana's house to decorate. Nana has learned from previous years that the gingerbread house isn't worth doing until the attention span increases, so she had a great idea of letting Andersen decorate gingerbread cookies instead.
Of course he didn't mind! He was so dang proud of these cookies when he got home. Andersen wouldn't leave them alone and all he wanted to do was eat the candies and frosting off them. He even was willing to share with Nana before she left.
Here is a close up of his cookies. Come the next day, the candies were all eaten and they had little finger lines going through the frosting... Hmmm... I wonder who did it?
Thanks for another fun memory and date night Nana!

1 comments:
What a cute fun tradition she has. I bet the boys LOVE it, and it looks like they do. I still am not on Elf on the Shelf band wagon, maybe next year. Actually I know me too well and I know I'd forget. I can't even do an advent calendar that I put treats in each night. What a great gingerbread house.
Post a Comment