Wednesday, March 28, 2012

{LOVE} day

I think every holiday gets better with the older our kids get. Valentine's Day was the perfect example. This was the first year Jackson had to do treats to share at school. Stupid me picked out the hardest Valentine to make, but it was "super" cute. They were suckers with a super hero cape and mask that said "URA Super Friend!" With him at Riverton High as a Silverpup we had to do 40+ Valentines so all the teachers got one as well. Won't make that mistake again, but Jackson loved it so I guess it was worth all the time I put in to making them. 
On actual Valentine's Day, Nate and surprised the boys with a little treat as well. They both got matching PJ's (their favorite!) and a bag of gummy worms. 
And it just wouldn't be a holiday without Nana spoiling the kiddos. The Sunday before Valentine's Nana gave the boys a surprise as well. It was so cute! She made them sit on the floor and close their eyes until she had their presents in front of them. She got them both a new book and stuffed animal to go along with the book. If you can't tell from the pictures, Andersen absolutely loved it and his new Bear! His perma-grin and endless hugs to Nana I'm sure made up for Jackson's reaction. Jackson was the unappreciative/grumpy one for the gift. We had a good parent teaching moment on being grateful for others and what they give you. It didn't sink in that night, but the next day his new kangaroo was his new favorite animal to cuddle with. They both, still a month later, love their stuffed animals and pick that one every night before bed to sleep.
I know the average person thinks Valentine's Day is a dumb holiday but I for some reason love it! I love having a special day to tell those around me that I love them and make it different than any other day of the year. 
My boys are definitely my world and I love them so much!!

0 comments: