Monday, May 28, 2012

Kindergarten SHOTS

These were the most classic pictures I think I could have captured for this moment. Jackson has known for months that turning 5 meant the dreaded Kindergarten shots. We talked about it all the time and every day he got more brave about getting them done. The big day came and he was actually so excited. Dr. Boud came into the room and did the normal routine and unfortunately Dr. Boud found two warts that he decided to burn off before he sent in the nurses for the shots. I think burning off those warts took all his bravery out of him, because by the time the nurses came in for shots he was a mess. It took two nurses and me to hold him down for 4 shots. The nurses pinned his legs and I let him hug on to me and a few seconds later it was over. Jackson's first words were "that was only two, I still have to get two more?" Little did he know the nurses did two shots each really quick that he couldn't even tell. When he was done he realized it wasn't as big of deal as he anticipated. I think he felt a lot of relief even though those sad tears don't say the same thing. Good job Jacks! This was one of your hardest doctor appointments you've had in awhile and you took it like a champ... Next step... Kindergarten! 
Hopefully Mom can be as brave and excited as you are for the first day.

0 comments: