Monday, May 28, 2012

Jackson's 5th Birthday

I am the worst mom for taking 2 months to write about Jackson's birthday, but if its any compensation the pictures have been downloaded to a blog post for a month and a half. All I had to do is write about it, so here we go...
I love birthdays! So I made sure the whole day was about Jacks. Jackson got to spend the first part of his birthday at preschool so after I dropped him off I went and bought doughnuts and juice for his teachers and classmates. Jackson loves to be the center of attention so he was so proud that Mom brought treats and was anxious to help pass them out.
After school, I took Jackson to McDonald's for lunch where a couple of his buddies joined us. Here is Cannon and Landon in the background enjoying their happy meals.
Later that day, Nana picked him up for a date. Jackson wanted some new baseball stuff so she took him to buy some new shoes, new gloves and after begging he also got the baseball pants that he really wanted.
After their shopping spree we all met up for some dinner the Brick Oven. Jackson's favorite part was his free dessert as you can tell by the whip cream mustache.
After dinner we went back home to open presents. Other than his baseball stuff, Jackson really wanted his batman stuff, so of course he was spoiled by Grandma Kay with his Bat Cave and a few other accents to go with it. Mom and Dad were the boring ones that gave the necessities like new clothes and some flip flops.

With many ideas tossed around, Jackson decided upon a Lego cake. By far the easiest cake I have made for him yet so I wasn't about to complain about his request. Surprisingly it turned out pretty cute I thought.
I can't believe you are already 5 years old Jacks! You are such a sweet boy and I hope this birthday was everything you wanted. I let you plan it all! All you wanted was family night for your birthday. At first I wasn't too excited about not being able to invite your friends to help celebrate but in the end I am so glad we did just the family, because it was all about you! We love you so much and love that you like spending time with your family because you add so much to ours. 
Happy 5th Birthday Buddy!

0 comments: