Andersen is such a silly kid! He definitely got the carefree, silly personality out of the two kids so far. With his silly side, he also has a very strong independent particular side too. This picture, plus the story I will share after this, is just a small glimpse of a day with Andersen.
Currently Andersen is potty training and will only have accidents if he is not commando under his pants, shorts, pjs... whatever he is wearing. While we were at Old Navy yesterday Jackson needed to use the bathroom less than 10 minutes of getting there since he didn't go before we left the house. Andersen on the other hand had just gone potty before we left the house plus we were trying out underwear for the day since he has done so well commando for a couple weeks. While we were standing outside the door for Jacks, Andersen just starts going potty right in his pants. Instantly Andersen's pants were soaked all the way to his socks and shoes including a huge puddle on the floor! I stripped him down and had to go find a pair of pants to buy since I had nothing to cover up is bare bum. So this picture is of Andersen with his new pants on. If you look closely you see he HAD to have them on backwards. It was a battle over that and having socks and shoes on to leave the house, so I picked my battle and let him do it himself... even if his pants and shoes were on backwards. I tried to change it and he had a melt down, so yes we left the house like this!
Now to the funny story:
(Warning: We are not a racist family whatsoever. You have to take this story with a grain of salt and understand this is coming from a 2 year old perspective)
Yesterday I was in the shower and Andersen kept running in and saying "the monkey is coming!" and "where did the monkey go?" I was clueless but figured it wasn't a big deal since we don't have monkeys anywhere close to our house. Well this conversation about the "monkey" lasted the entire time I was getting us all ready to leave. We were on our way out of the neighborhood when Andersen yelled "there's the monkey!" To my surprise he was pointing at the landscapers mowing the lawn and doing yard work in our common areas of our neighborhood!! Yes they are brown skinned and from a 2 year old's view I am sure they looked like monkeys to him... but man I felt bad, so the rest of the day we kept talking about how this "monkey" was actually a worker guy just mowing the lawn and doing his job just like any other guy he just has dark skin. I guess Utah isn't the most diverse area to teach your children these things, but man it was a HILARIOUS teaching moment for me yesterday!
1 comments:
What a sweet boy. I love his pants on backwards. They are growing so fast.
Post a Comment