After 9 months with Milly, it was time to say good bye. If Nate had it his way she would still be with us today, but I just couldn't take her anymore. She was really difficult for me to handle with two kids and I was always losing my patience with her and the kids. I came home from work one day to find poop smeared everywhere (this wasn't the first time, nor the first time of things chewed up) in the kitchen and I knew it was time. I had shared my feelings with Nate multiple times about my frustrations and he has always comforted me through it. That last incident I didn't get any response on keeping her so after I cleaned up the disgusting mess, I bathed Milly and took pictures to post on KSL that night. Within 24 hours I had multiple buyers for her and it was a done deal. She went to a single guy that had been traveling for some time and was going to be home now and wanted a dog for company. I am sure she was perfect for him, because I couldn't give her what she needed. With us bringing a new baby home in a few months I have felt major relief having her gone and being able to refocus back on the kids and our new addition coming soon. The boys and I don't miss her at all, but I know Nate does, so hopefully as our family gets older we can try again and have better experience.
1 day ago
2 comments:
GREAT updates! I love to see what you've been up to. We had a bitter sweet goodbye with our pet rabbit Shadow. Although ours lasted two months and she died. I need to write about that. We got a new car too. Wow a van? I want to come see it.
I'm happy that you guys were able to sell her so quickly! Beagles can be difficult dogs to train (the Beal family has had two). Once the boys are older and able to help out more I am sure you will have a much better experience with a family dog!
Post a Comment