This summer we were lucky to have the Sampson's out from Minnesota to visit TWICE! We usually get at least one visit, but two within a couple months was the best! The first visit was for my oldest nephew Jordan's high school graduation. I can't believe he is already done with school. It seems just like yesterday we all were at the hospital waiting to hear his first little cry. Now 18 years later he has grown into this fine young man and is off to college. Aside from the actual graduation day, we partied it up at my brother Jared's house to celebrate and let all the cousins play together. We also spent some time at the splash park and Jackson and Riley had their first sleepover together without his Mom there to tuck him in. The boys were so excited to be together that even one night of sleep away was too much. We brought him home to our house, the boys got bathed and then they snuggled into Jacks bed to watch a movie on the IPAD. Riley had a quick "I need my Mommy" moment but he was brave and we made it through a successful sleepover.
The next visit the Sampson's slept at our place. Mike didn't get to join them this time, but they came out to Utah for my niece Katelyn to go to a gymnastic camp up at the University of Utah. While Katelyn spent the week at camp, Lynne and I had some good sister time while the boys played. We spent a day at the Riverton pool, played at Jared's house and celebrated Collin's 1st birthday. Katelyn was homesick most of the time so that left Lynne worrying about her and joining her for lunch to cheer her up. Even though she didn't have as much time as we thought to hangout, I took whatever time I could get with my sister around since it doesn't happen too often being miles apart. Also this weekend while my mom and sister were both in town they gave me an awesome baby shower! We definitely got spoiled and it was fun to have as many of the extended family members around that could come.


1 comments:
Great major updates. That's what i need to do. I've slacked on the blog. Only a few more days until your not prego. I can't wait to meet her. I hope you are doing well. I was hoping to see you before you have your baby, I guess not. Good luck. Call me.
Post a Comment