Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Halloween is so much more fun with Jacks in school. It gives us another reason to get the kids dressed up in their costumes rather than just for trick or treating. I am thinking my kiddos looked pretty dang cute this year all dressed up. The boys were so excited for their superhero costumes and thank goodness my Grandma was able to alter Maelyn's skirt or she would have had nothing to wear. Our neighbor gave her this cute Halloween outfit but with her in Newborn clothes STILL the 3 month size was drowning her only by 5 inches in the waist.
  To start our day we stopped at Jackson's kindergarten parade. Nate left work for a bit to meet us there. After the kids paraded through the gym to model their costumes they performed their "thriller" dance they have been learning so far this year. It was SO cute! I have never seen Jack's do a choreographed dance like this and I loved every second of it. Of course with Jackson being the tallest in the grade he was in the very back but we still got some good shots of him shaking it.
After Jackson's school activities, we came home for some lunch and then ran a few errands (see previous post about getting Maelyn's SSN) before it was time to go to Nate's work trick or treat. We got there at 3 and stayed for a good hour and half. The boys left with a huge grocery sack of candy!! and were so excited about it too! Then just a few hours later and after dinner it was my turn to take the kiddos trick or treating. We made a quick round of our neighbors and then followed Jackson's buddy Will over to his side of the neighborhood to do some more. Andersen wasn't too excited at that point, so we finished a few friends houses and came back home.
I think we lasted maybe an hour. Jack's was ready for more but Andersen did pretty good I think for being 3. Check out all their candy! In years past I have usually taken their candy away from them but this year I let them have free reins to it all. I figured the faster it was gone the better. They played with it all day and at night conveniently hung it up on their dresser knobs. It was probably 3 days later that Andersen had unwrapped every piece of candy he had and would leave it on the floor. Eventually I got sick of cleaning up smarties and dots off my floor that I gave him one more chance to pick it up (granted his candy had been totally picked through) or I was going to throw it away. Those are hard moments as a Mom to follow through but I picked it all up and tossed it out. I think I was more sad than Andersen was. He didn't care one bit and hasn't mentioned it since! Jacks on the other hand still has a bag full that will probably get thrown away due to it being old.
Sad to think Halloween came and went so fast because I was preoccupied with Maelyn being just a few weeks old. We had lots of fun though and we can't wait for more fun that comes with the Holidays.

0 comments: