This was a first for our family! Nate and I haven't carved pumpkins since we were younger and we forgot how long carving took, but it was worth it for the kids. With Nate having school Monday nights and Halloween on a Wednesday that left us carving them on Sunday night. As soon as we got done with dinner the boys went to the porch to grab their pumpkins to start carving and we instantly had tears before we even started. Just earlier in the day we noticed someone had gone through our neighborhood and smashed pumpkins on the road during the night. Little did we know we were one of the victims until Andersen's pumpkin was missing! Thank goodness for a quick FB shout out for an extra pumpkin and nice neighbors that were willing to share a pumpkin with a sad 3 year old. Within just minutes we were back to our carving plans. I opened up the pumpkins and cleaned them out the best I could and traced the faces on the pumpkins. I then carved Andersen's pumpkin while Nate carved Jackson's. The boys were so grossed out by the pumpkin innards... so was I, but I guess someone had to do it! After 30 minutes the boys were sick of waiting so that left Nate and I to finish. Eventually we were done and the boys got to do the traditional porch picture for the first time next to their carved pumpkins. Good thing we picked easy patterns or these boys would have had to wait FOREVER for their pumpkins!
1 day ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment