Thursday, November 8, 2012

This cutie just turned 3! On October 11th (Andersen finally knows his birthday and its the cutest when he says it!) Andersen turned 3! He has been looking forward to this day for a while now and has had a mental countdown for days. Andersen kept asking how many more sleeps until his birthday. Finally Andersen's birthday was here and we had "no more sleeps" and he was so excited. To celebrate I started with a friend party during the day while Nate was at work. We tossed around a bunch of ideas but a Halloween party was the final decision. We have so many kids his age in our neighborhood so I let Andersen invite a few over to play in their Halloween costumes. Jaden Christiansen, Josh Jenkins, Parker Christensen and Bronco Osness were his special guests. We played a couple games including pin the smile on the pumkin (Thanks to Josh's mom!) and read some fun Halloween books. The kids had mummy hotdogs for lunch and spider cup cakes for dessert. Later was Andersen's favorite... PRESENTS!
After his friends went home, Andersen had a quick quiet time and then he was back celebrating. Nana came to pick him up around 4:30 for their date. They went to Target and of course he got spoiled. Some of his many presents he picked out were a "Cars... Mac tow truck", Lightning McQueen stuffed car, some electronic spiders, new shoes and socks, and I am sure I missed a few more things. 
After their date, Nate and I and the other two kids met them at Chili's for some dinner. Andersen didn't want the workers to come sing to him but they did anyways and Jack's was very appreciative of the free treat! When we were done with dinner we came back home to open presents and do Andersen's birthday cake. Once we got "Grandma and Grandpa Colorado" on Skype it was go time on all his other presents from us. He got a soccer ball and cones, some coloring stuff, some small Lego sets and his favorite (and Jack's too) 3 super hero action figures... He got Hulk, Captain America, and Spider-Man. Another favorite of his was his $$ from his grandparents in Colorado. This boy loves his money so he was so excited as you can tell from the picture. We were all so full from dinner still so after presents we sang Happy Birthday to him so he could blow out his candles on his cake, but no one was even interested in eating it. I think Andersen was the only one that had a piece and that didn't happen until the next day and the rest got thrown away. I think by his smile in this last picture of the night with Nate and I tells me he had a fun day celebrating so that is all that matters to me. Happy Birthday little booger! You have brought so much fun into our family by your silly personality these past 3 years. We love you like crazy!

1 comments:

Lindsay said...

He's so cute. He's a little mini-Jackson, it's adorable. Fun party!