I have always loved the song "What Heaven Sees in You" by Doug Walker.
Here is the first verse of the song...
Sent to this earth
You were saved through the ages for this day and time
Child of great worth, Child of promise, daughter of the Divine
Pure and holy in a little, white dress
You were held in a circle and you were blessed
And the Father looked down
And the angels surrounded that place
They knew the truth, all that you could do
And you will, too, if you have eyes to see
What heaven sees in you
You were saved through the ages for this day and time
Child of great worth, Child of promise, daughter of the Divine
Pure and holy in a little, white dress
You were held in a circle and you were blessed
And the Father looked down
And the angels surrounded that place
They knew the truth, all that you could do
And you will, too, if you have eyes to see
What heaven sees in you
This song continues on talking about the 3 white dresses a woman will wear in her lifetime. Obviously the first being the blessing dress, then the baptismal dress, and then the wedding dress. Just like any girl wants the perfect wedding dress, I wanted the perfect blessing dress for Maelyn. Before Maelyn was even born I had searched every store and everywhere online to find the perfect blessing dress. I finally found one online that was exactly what I wanted for her to wear. After emailing back and forth with a lady that makes it, I decided to send the picture to my Grandma to see if she would be willing to make it for me. Not only would I save TONS of money but it would be even more of a family heirloom because it was homemade with love. Of course my Grandma was willing to make it and we were off to the store to buy fabric months before my due date. My grandma got to work instantly and spent 2 days straight on it. After a couple revisions she had it almost exactly like the other dress. The only thing left was for me to make the flowers to add on. I spent our drive to Lake Powell with the Christensen's making them all so they could be added to the dress as soon as I got home. I even made a couple extra to add to your headband and shoes. From the right color beads to the right fabric, just weeks after finding the dress I loved, Grandma had recreated the perfect dress for Maelyn's special day.
With Jackson having to give a talk the same day as Maelyn's blessing I wasn't able to get a picture of my Grandma and Maelyn together so I went over to her house another night to snap a few pictures of them together. These will definitely be sweet treasures to have as Maelyn gets older and the dreaded day of Grandma passing on. She is so talented and I am very grateful for her sharing her time and talents with me.
I know it all seems silly for how much time and thought was put into your blessing dress, when you only wore it for a couple hours but to me it represents "What Heaven Sees in You". I hope I can teach you to always know and remember your great worth and that you truly are a daughter of the Divine. We love you sweet girl!


1 comments:
SOOO beautiful. What a great heirloom and what a gorgeous dress! She is one lucky girl! So pretty!
Post a Comment