Friday, March 15, 2013

Maelyn {4 Months}

The 4 month visit is just as dreadful as the 2 week PKU testing I think. This check up Maelyn got a few more shots. I think she knew what was coming because I laid her on the doctor table and she instantly gave me this cute frowny face. She weighed in at 10.8 lbs (2%... crazy!!) and 24 1/2 inches long (58%). Her brothers were this weight at their 2 week check ups! The last two months Maelyn has made some personal achievements. She started realizing she could move her body around. I had her playing on the family room floor one night while I was cooking dinner and would go back and forth to check on her. Every time I checked on her she was in a different position. She figured out how to spin her body around in 360's and hasn't stopped since. As time went on I was noticing she wasn't holding her head up properly or developing the strength in her neck and core like other babies  her age were. I asked our doctor about it and he didn't seem too concerned, but I decided to get our chiropractors opinion as well. His professional opinion was she is just little and lazy. He was thinking the signals from her body weren't getting to her brain and suggested we do a couple adjustments on her. Sure enough after just the first (out of 3) adjustment she was already able to hold her head up, finally started pulling her legs up and holding some of her weight in her core.  One of my favorite pictures so far of her was the day I was painting her toe nails. I love that she lifted up her legs in excitement and gave me the cheesiest grin! I am loving having a little girl to doll up and accessorize, lets just hope she lets me continue to do it as she gets older. These past weeks we also started her in her bouncer chair and rice cereal. The bouncer was a whole new world of entertainment. She is still tiny in her seat and her arms drop down in her chair sometimes but it keeps her busy and having fun long enough for me to get something done around the house. Surprisingly she LOVES her cereal and starts shaking her arms in excitement as she anticipates me making it for her. It only took her two times to figure out the spoon and now we can't feed it to her fast enough. We love her little personality coming out and I love how chill she is. She is always so calm and just along for the ride where ever we are going. I keep thinking its going to change one of this days and were going to get a little sass out of her but until then we will  keep on loving our little princess!

0 comments: