Sunday, September 1, 2013

1428 South 750 East

A little while ago I met a friend in Kaysville for USU baby animal days. I wasn't sure how long it would take me to get there so I left early. Knowing I had a few minutes until I had to meet for the animals and wanting to let the kids nap a little bit longer, I took a quick drive by my old house I grew up in until 4th grade when we moved down to South Jordan.  Even though I was really young when we lived there, I still have many fond memories with my family and friends. This definitely was a quick trip down memory lane... I thought of the many friends and neighbors we had growing up...Krista Vandozer, Kory Swenson, Brooke and Nicole Leary, and Chelsea Bennett.  I thought of the time I ran into the stop sign waiting for the bus only to run home with the worst bloody nose I have ever had. I thought of the many memories making forts downstairs with my brothers and all the sleepovers my sister let me have in her bed. I thought of the Christmas mornings we shared as young siblings anxiously waiting on the stairs before Mom and Dad would let us go get our presents. Man, it all went through my mind so fast, so I snapped a picture and sent it to my family. I think it took us all back to the simpler days for sure. Even though the look of the house has changed, it didn't erase all the memories that were created all those years ago.

0 comments: