Every year we try to make it out to Colorado to see my parents at least once. This year we spent Memorial Day with them. 6 hours with kids in the car makes for a long drive but it always is worth it when we get to spend the next few days just relaxing and playing. It wouldn't be a trip to Grandma and Grandpa Colorado's house without grandpa pulling out his guns for some target practice. This is something Jackson LOVES and I think Andersen started a small love for it too this year. Grandpa set up two targets this time and of course it became a competition to see who could hit the best. By the picture I am sure you can tell Nate won best shot out of our family!
The rest of the weekend, if we weren't eating and relaxing, we went to the bowling lanes, rode around on Grandpa's machines and even helped Grandma with her chores of mowing the pastures around their house. I always feel like we pack up our entire house to spend just a few nights but it is always worth the visit. I hope the kids always cherish thess visits as it is such a nice break from the busy city life we live, plus some quality time at Grandma and Grandpa's house.




0 comments:
Post a Comment