Thursday, July 22, 2010

The fastest 9 Months EVER!

Where did my little baby go? This honestly has been the fastest 9 months in my life. I can't believe this little guy is already 9 months old! It seems like with Jackson I caught myself saying "Oh I can't wait until this, and that, etc" but with Andersen it seems like he is doing everything before I can even prepare myself for it. Andersen the last 3 months has grown up so fast and is learning so many new things. This picture is by far my most favorite picture of him yet. One morning we went in to get Andersen from his crib and this is the smile we got from him. He thought he was the coolest thing ever that he figured out how to stand up and hold on to his crib.
Here are a couple more pictures of him playing one day. He loves to pull himself up on everything now so he can be apart of all the action. Jackson used to be safe putting his toys on the couch so Andersen couldn't get them, but this little guy just got smarter.
This is usually how you will catch him standing... Mr. Cool that doesn't need both hands.
He is officially a crawler rather than a scooter. He figured out the army crawl months ago and I loved watching him do it, because his whole right side would go limp as he would pull the back side around with his arms. He soon realized that was too much work and up on all 4 would take him places way faster. Now he is all over the place and loves being able to follow me and Jackson from room to room.
If you look close in this picture you can see his 2 lower teeth. He got his first tooth a day before he turned 7 months. We were in Colorado visiting for birthdays and he decided to give my Dad a special surprise because his tooth came in on his birthday (May 10, 2010) Just days later the other side kick popped up. His upper 4 front teeth are working hard to come through right now, so I am sure he'll be up to 6 teeth soon.
His favorite thing to play with now that he is moving around and enjoying toys more, is all of Jackson's books. Jackson has a bench in our family room of all his books (the black bench in the back of this picture) and it sits at Andersen perfect height to stand up and look in. He will spend so much time flipping through all the pages while sitting on the floor just like his big brother..

The latest on Andersen is we might have to get his tonsils out just like his big brother. While I was a girls camp Andersen started running a high fever that wouldn't break with medicine and then his breath became atrocious. Well Monday this week was his 9 month check up so I figured I would do two visits in one. Sure enough, his tonsils are completely abscessed just like Jackson's were last year. We have started our first out of 3 rounds of antibiotics and then depending on how they react to the medication will determine if we make an ENT appointment. Andersen has always been such a mellow kid since day one, but when he lays on the couch like this with no desire to do anything it breaks my heart. 24 hours of medicine has done wonders for his energy level, fever, appetite, and he will even swallow now where he would just slobber everywhere because it probably hurt so bad to swallow before.
His stats from his Dr appointment were 30 1/2 inches tall (96% for height) and 22 1/2 lbs (77% for weight) He is usually 2 lbs heavier but he must have lost some weight from not eating for a couple of days. Andersen also loves any kind of food. There is isn't one thing I have found that he won't eat. He also is the most easy going kid you'll find and has the cutest smile ever I think!
We Love you so much Andersen!!

4 comments:

Megan said...

What a sweet little guy. Bummer he hasn't felt well. That's crazy if he has to have his tonsils out. How was girls camp? I need to call you.

Lindsay said...

Oh man, he is SOOOO cute. I love that huge smile too! Poor little guy with the tonsils though - that's rotten! But seriously, what cute little men you have!

Jonathan and Kiri said...

Gosh, I'm so sorry your boy hasn't been feeling well. That sounds heartbreaking. I hope he reacts well to the medicine! But I agree, 'what cute little men you have'! They are just adorable!

The Staples Fam said...

SOOOOOO cute! He is all over the place! I can't believe it! Sometimes I think he is Jackson's clone... but other times he's totally got his own look! Love it!